We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Hi there -

Was planning on going to Cuba, but the Oasis looks great (for similar price) and I've never been to Jamaica. I have a few questions:

1) What excursions are there?

2) If staying at the Oasis, what is the walk over to the main lobby/buffet?

3) Will they really do private dining? What does this mean - room/beach?

Thanks!!!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

As I said earlier...this is the wave of the fuirture for resorts. It's adapt or wither. This is taking place on resorts in both the DR and Mexico and has been over the last few years.

I understand your frustration as we felt the same way when our beloved resort in PC underwent the change. However, we went with an open mind and found we were treated no different then we had been on numerous other occasions. And no, we did not upgrade. We adapted to the changes and had a fabulous time.

For us, the little extras were worth the small price of the upgrade to the Oasis.

Edited: 1:53 pm, February 28, 2014
Northern Ontario...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Me and my boyfriend are booked to go April 3 for 5 days.. Natalie is great she helped us out and I plan to go meet her. Did you book anything yet?

Mel

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

We will be there in August for a wedding...can't wait to meet Natalie as she has been an absolute delight to work with as has all the staff I have been in contact with to date!

Hazleton...
Level Contributor
243 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Any replies from Natalie B. are welcome! (Especially about the returned Sunsetters issue). Just looking to see where the unlimited upgrades went. Unlimited should still apply as the beach inn(The Oasis) is really not a separate resort

25. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 20, 2015