We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I pay for trips using my debit card at holiday inn?

London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Can I pay for trips using my debit card at holiday inn?

Holiday inn sunspree. Can I use my debit card to book a trip? I'm flying with first choice. Thanks

IA
Level Contributor
877 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I pay for trips using my debit card at holiday inn?

As CC fraud can be an issue in JA, I would pay with cash if at all possible. If you know what you want to do, you can use www.Reggae-tours.com and pay with paypal in advance.

Gregg and his crew would take good care of you.

Matt

United States
Level Contributor
11,933 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I pay for trips using my debit card at holiday inn?

Large hotels in Jamaica all accept credit cards and debit cards for payments. However, I would use cash if at all possible.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I pay for trips using my debit card at holiday inn?

Most certainly the banking laws in the UK are different from the US. I say this because US banks are under no legal obligation to make a debit card holder "whole" in the case of the card's misuse. The fraudulent user can instantly drain my account to zero (even negative depending on the bank). Nearly all banks will refund your money from debit card misuse, but this generally takes time for investigation.

If you still plan to take your debit card, let the issuer know of your Jamaican travels.

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I pay for trips using my debit card at holiday inn?

Is this a travel card pre-loaded with US$ or a UK debit card? If the latter, then inform your bank that you are travelling to Jamaica, but you should be able to use it if it has the Maestro logo on it.

Edited: 7:23 am, November 30, 2013
5. Re: Can I pay for trips using my debit card at holiday inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 02, 2014