We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

My wife and I are staying at Sandals Montego Bay in NOV and were wondering how nice the rooms are in the Almond Building? We have reserved a Oceanfront Honeymoon Walkout Club Level Room but can not find any pictures of the room. Does anyone have recent pictures of rooms in the Almond building and what were your experiences?

Middletown, Ohio
Level Contributor
580 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

We haven't stayed in the Almonds, but friends of ours did when we were at Sandals Montego Bay for our wedding. They were very happy with the room. As I recall the room was a decent size and they had a great view of the ocean from their balcony. They also enjoyed the hot tub at the end of the day.

We have a video of the location of the Almonds building that you may enjoy.

http://youtu.be/79U1KsYH3lg

Lexington, Kentucky
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

Thanks I enjoyed your video!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

Nice building and rooms, but you won't have a direct sand beach in front of the building. If I remember right that particular section is all large rocks. We have been the SMB twice and enjoyed it. Have fun.

Lexington, Kentucky
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

Thanks! We actually just upgraded to a honeymoon room in the Palms Building. I did some research and the reviews for the Palms building were very good.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

Anthony, we have stayed in the Palms Building and it is nice. A higher floor is the best for a good view as you will be looking over a large stretch of sand with palm trees and minor structures.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

I am looking at a room in the Palms building, too. The view looks great! :)

rok
Canada Bay...
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

We stayed in the Almonds Building last April. Rooms are roomy and recently upgraded. Best rooms are further down the hall and start at 104 (on ground floor), 204..second floor, and 304..top floor. Ground floor rooms are accessable via the hallway or oceanfront. We loved the close proximity to the main bar and all the restaurants. Altho' oceanfront, there's no beach and you have to traverse the lobby and main swimming pool to reach the beach. For that reason The Palms Building,directly on the beach is a best bet if that's what turns your crank....but last I heard the rooms were smaller and not renovated.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

I had a different thread on here called "oceanfront vs beachfront". Perhaps that is what the difference means? The room I'm looking at is in the Palms building and "beachfront". I just want an oceanview. How I access it isn't a big deal to me, and I'd like a nicer room, but don't want to pay much more $$$, so I'll just take an oceanview :)

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

We just got married there 10/5/2013 and stayed in the Palms Club Level beachfront ground level, room 507. We loved it because we could enter from the beach side of the building right on the ground floor and into our room rather than go around the whole building to the back side and up the stairs. Also, it is about 1/2 way between the main pool and the swim-up bar pool, and close to lunch and breakfast! Enjoy!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Montego Bay (Almond Building)

Sounds good to me! I hated the piazza at SWH; having to walk back and forth over there anytime you wanted to eat. The grill and the buffet look like they're nearby, and I found a video on youtube of the view. I think I'm booking it! :)