We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SRC Cabana Prices?

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
SRC Cabana Prices?

We're close to our first trip to SRC. We have a butler level room and I was curious if anyone could tell me the price of the cabana rentals? I couldn't find anything specific on the Sandals website.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

If you are talking about your enjoyment of the Cabana...I am not sure how the beach really factors into it because you are not really looking at the beach if you think about it. Once you are in the Cabana all you really see whats around you. So you are looking at the water, the sky, the private island if you are at SRC. But if you are smack in the middle of the main beach you are also seeing an hearing alot of everyone else on the beach. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the Cabana if you ask me. Is the SMB longer? sure. So in terms of what beach you may prefer for taking long walks or swimming...you may find SMB to be "nicer" but when just laying in a cabana and relaxing I don't think the beach itself factors into it much. I was more concerned with the physical location when I saw SMB. I don't see the point of paying money (more money than SRC's Cabanas) to be right in the midst of everyone else. Of course noise level and privacy would all vary on the crowd, the occupancy and other factors. I am not saying you will definitely have a bad experience or definitely feel a lack of privacy or have to deal with people talking to loud or play makers trying to draw in some participants ect. However it felt like it just made more sense for the way the Cabanas are positioned at SRC...off to the side, away from the main beach, a little more private but still a gorgeous view. I am sure once you get there you can decide which location is best for you.

Cypress, Ca
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

I really appreciate all the input. I waaaay over plan everything. :( Since we are only there 3 days, I kind of want to have a game plan. Sorry to be asking so many dang questions! I was born this way. Lol.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

No problem. I would be the same way! I HATE feeling the pressure of a short trip so I know exactly what you are going through. The best advise I can give you (and my procedure may differ from others)

#1. Do the online check in to save you some time. Even if they get a few things wrong (which can happen) every minute you save filling out papers is a minute sooner on your vacation.

#2. Your Butler will save you time once you give them the list of places you wish to have reservations for.

#3. As soon as you check in and get your stuff to your room you can double back to the lobby quick and ask for a copy of the weeks daily activities for all three resorts so that you can plan how to maximize your time and decide which activities or entertainment you do not want to miss. Its also a good time to book any off resort excursions at this time as well.

#4. After you get unpacked if you are itching to book the perfect cabana simply take a little time and check them out. The shuttle runs on the hour (except lunch and dinner breaks) you can easily visit the other resort, have a drink or lunch and check out their cabanas after checking out the ones at your resort. Once you have seen them all you can make your decision and then its taken care of. I promise it won't take much time out of your day and you will enjoy exploring the properties on the first day anyways :)

Cypress, Ca
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

You rock Rachael!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

jennifereisme: If you would like pictures of the positions and settings of the SRC cabanas on the main resort and private island, send me a Trip Advisor private message with an appropriate email to send them too.

Greer, SC
Level Contributor
175 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

We stayed at SRC in 2009 with a Butler. One thing to consider, because you'll already have the "service" that could come with a cabana through your butler, find a palapa you like when you first arrive and ask your butler to reserve it for you each morning. We found a palapa on the island, just down from the massage hut, that was private and had a great view. Each morning, our butlers would place towels and flowers on the loungers for us. We literally spent DAYS under that palapa. The butler brought food and drinks upon request and even suggested a picnic one day. Butlers are great and will be happy to accommodate you without paying extra for a cabana.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

Barthy73: Just to update you, since 2009 there has been significant remodeling and capital upgrades on the Private Island. Now where the massage hut was has been completely remodeled into a Red Lane spa service location...two actually side by side on the north side of the island adjacent to the clothing optional section of the island. The exact footprint where the old massage location was is now part of the c/o section. That space is now a covered sitting area with couches, tables, and love seats. Any palapas in that section are now also within the perimeter of the c/o section.

I do agree with your premise though...if you've already booked a Butler room...the Butler can set you up under a palapa and aside from the lotions etc...you pretty much get everything else a non-Butler guest would receive. Also, there is now roving drink service on the private island in the c/o section so you don't even have to get dressed to go get a drink if you like.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

As much as I understand and agree that having Butler service will get you a reserved spot where ever you like with no extra charge and your butler can provide all of the typical duties of the cabana concierge plus more. I still say nothing really compares to the feeling of laying in the cabana. Its basically like laying in a king size bed right in the water. The added privacy of the cabana shades that they can pull down for you also adds to a secluded feeling. You can nap while not feeling like the people next to you can see you. I just can't imagine getting that same comfort, privacy and softness on a lounger, no matter how nice it is. If there is one on-resort extra I recommend among the private dinners, spa treatments, photography, ect...its definitely renting a cabana.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

Rachael713: wrt to your post #18: Agreed.

20. Re: SRC Cabana Prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014