We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All-Inclusive Food

CharLynn
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best All-Inclusive Food

My husband & I want to celebrate our 10th anniversary in Jamaica at an all-inclusive. We are looking at Sandals and Couples? We want good food and clear blue water. Thoughts? We can only stay 4 nights.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,758 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

How about considering Hedonism as they have a new executive chef that has really kicked up the food. Great beach, lots of inclusions, night club, piano bar,

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

Since you are only staying 4 nights, if I were you I would narrow down my search to resorts in the Montego Bay area. There are great resorts in Negril and Ocho Rios, but you're going to spend a couple of hours travel time from the airport getting there and back. Sandals has three resorts in Montego Bay, and with their free shuttles going between the three resorts all day, you can play at all three resorts and sample the all the restaurants. LOTS of great choices.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

One problem with the Sandals in Montego Bay, with a 4 night stay, is trying to get reservations at their restaurants that require them can be very difficult, since you are competing with guests from 3 resorts. When we did a 5 night stay at Sandals Montego Bay, in a basic room I was only able to get one reservation at the restaurant I wanted , and it was at 9pm ( not at all my preferred time). However, if you have a butler, I think it would be easier.

IMO, best food and clearest beach, Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril. Couples Swept Away is nice because they have a la carte for all meals, and I loved their a la carte restaurant for breakfast ( they also have a breakfast buffet at another restaurant). Also, they have a casual restaurant called Seagrapes right on the beach for lunch, that has fantastic food.

Couples Negril also had fantastic food at all their restaurants, and only one reservation restaurant, that I loved ( ate there 5 times in an 8 night stay).

The majority of the food that Couples uses is fresh and grown in Jamaica, they even grow some of their own foods. This freshness and wide variety is why I personally preferred Couple's food over my 2 stays at Sandals resorts. However, one thing about food, it is truly subjective.

That said, there can be little disagreement that CSA and CN have some of the best beaches in Jamaica.

I have pretty detailed reviews of both resorts if interested.

Edited: 4:15 am, September 21, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
new jersey
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

@CharLynn Did you check out Iberostar Grand great food and you can email the resort and pre book the resaurants

Canterbury...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

We stayed 5 evenings at the Carlyle, and had not a single issue getting reservations at any of the other Sandal's restaurants. As far as restaurant choices, Sandal's has many and the food is excellent. (Have been to Couples and imo, Sandal's food is so much better.

Chantilly, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

My husband and I stayed at the Iberostar Grand in June 2013. There food was awesome. The buffet and the restaurants were both good. You do need reservations for the restaurants. It is only 15 minutes from the airport.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

I tend to agree that with 4 nights you might wish to take into consideration the travel time to get to any resort outside of Montego Bay. However, that might not be a concern for you, and definitely Negril is the place to go for outstanding beaches.

We are Sandals regulars and have always enjoyed top-notch cuisine at their resorts. They have recently introduced "Discovery Dining" which introduces diverse and regional cuisine from all over the world, prepared by executive chefs. This has raised the bar for a whole new level of dining which we have found extremely enjoyable!

Should you decide to stay at a Sandals in MoBay, you will have 18 restaurant choices as you have full exchange privileges and complimentary transportation among the three Sandals in MoBay which are only a few minutes drive apart. That also gives you 3 beaches to choose from and a ton of different amenities and entertainment options.

Our favourite in MoBay is Sandals Royal Caribbean. Depending on the line-up in immigration and customs at the airport, we are generally settled in our room less than an hour after getting off the plane. A great place for a quick start to your vacation, and perhaps a longer last day at the resort since you are close to the airport!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

I did alot of research around this topic. My general impression is that AI wise you can't go wrong with any of the Sandals, Couples, or Iberostar Grande Rose Hall.

I'll be at Couples Negril in November and food quality played a big role in my choice.

Mentioned in this post
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

All the suggestions here are great.

If you want to get in and out of the airport superquick, I totally suggest the MOBay Airport arrival and departure service. Especially if you happen to pack carryon, you could beat others on your plane out of the airport by an hour (or more) depending on the day and time you arrive.

http://www.vipattractions.com/club-mobay.php

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All-Inclusive Food

The best? The Iberostar Grand.