We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobay airport

Blandford...
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Mobay airport

I am considering signing up for the VIP attractions airport service. Can anyone tell me if it is really worth it? I have no problem spending the money if it really does get me through customs and security quicker. We arrive about 10:45. I have read that morning arrivals are not usually a problem getting through quickly. On the flight out, we are scheduled about 3:00 PM. Do we still wait in line for security and then go to their lounge? Do they help you avoid any lines? Is it just that you have a nicer place to wait?

Any help would be appreciated.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
358 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobay airport

There have been quite a few recent posts on this topic if you search "Club Mobay" in the Jamaican forums, you should see several within the past few months.

Flightstats.com can also help determine how much traffic is coming in at the same time as your flight, of course, you can't determine delays and such.

Last year, we arrived on a Friday around 10:30 am and waiting maybe 20 minutes to get through customs. The year before was much, much longer, but was an afternoon arrival. I think certain days are busier, however. I have booked both arrivals and departures this year to give it a try. Last year we felt rather cramped and uncomfortable prior to our flight, (which ended up being cancelled...) so I can see the departures becoming a habit before the arrivals since we've never had too much of a problem. I am looking forward to the AC and more space this year.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
765 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobay airport

In April I was considering both arrival and departure. Our previous trip to MBJ was in 2010 (a Friday arrival and Immigration was packed. It took almost an hour to zig zag through). Customs is never much of a problem. We arrived on a Monday at about 11AM. I took a chance and did not book arrival. When we got to Immigration we were second in line.

We did opt for the departure. I am glad we did not knowing until we got there that our flight was being delayed about 90 minutes. I don't think we got through security any faster as it was not really to busy, but the lounge was fantastic. Comfortable sofas and large chairs. Outlets for charging devices. Wifi. Multiple tv's with remotes so you select your channel. A good selection of what I would call "finger food". Not gourmet, but most was very tasty. The open bar was nice. We have eaten at airports and after maybe a drink or two and maybe a sandwich you have paid more then the cost of Club MoBay. And the seating at the gates is awful. Hard plastic chairs and cramped.

They do have a web site. You can try this link (or google club mobay). http://www.clubmobay.com/club-mobay.php

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobay airport

We now do this in both directions. For us, it is worth it. We also book private transfers. We go to JA for 4 nights normally and it is worth it to us to expedite the travel portion of our trip as much as possible and spend more time on the beach!

central ny
Level Contributor
25 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobay airport

We had Club Mobay for departure and so glad we booked it.. After we checked in with our airline a rep walked us thru everything we had to do and went to the front of the lines.. stressfree ending to our vacation. would def recommend.

5. Re: Mobay airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 21, 2013
Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobay airport

We've been to Jamaica 3 times since June 2012. Each time we used.Mobay departure and one time Mobay arrival (Dec2012). Getting through immigration really isn't that bad and really worth the extra $$ since we got though the lines fairly quick. Love the departure option as its a quite place and you don't feel like your in an airport.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobay airport

Caviargirl - Do you typically use the same private transfer?

8. Re: Mobay airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 17, 2014