We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Vacations

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canadian
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunwing Vacations

We have never used this travel company before. Has anyone flown with this airline

and if so would you recommend it? Can't figure out if they have the t.v. that is for

individual use .. the kind mounted on the back of the seat in front of you. Do they

have a good reputation for being on time?

Thanks for your help.

HuntingtonWV
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing Vacations

I just returned from a trip booked through Vacation Express (travel agency affiliated with Sunwing) and flew Sunwing from Cincinnati to Montego Bay and back.

Our flight down was delayed by 2 hours, but once we were in the air it was fine. The TVs are not the individual seatback kind -- they're the kind that drops down from the ceiling, and there's one every few rows or so. The picture (coming and going) was kind of grainy and headache-inducing, and my husband's headset jack was broken, so I wouldn't count on the in-flight entertainment.

We were on time on the way back, and actually made it back a little earlier than expected.

I would fly with them again -- for a lower-cost airline, they weren't bad.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing Vacations

We used them last winter and no complaints. Had a hot meal both going and coming back and everything was on time. No individual TV's but usually most carriers do not carry that anymore when we have flown on winter vacations. Noticed that for the winter bookings the prices for insurance are pretty reasonable.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing Vacations

My only complaint about sunwing is they overserve passengers. I have seen more than one person completely sloshed person coming off the plane. It is a bit of a fun party atmosphere - I guess good old days of charters.

4. Re: Sunwing Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 11, 2014