We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril Day Trip

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Negril Day Trip

We are staying at Secrets Wild Orchid in 11 days (!!!!) and are planning on taking a day trip to Negril. I am wondering what are the must see/do things in Negril and to/from Negril. Also, who did you use for your trip?

United States
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril Day Trip

For most people the main thing to do is lay on the beach and relax. Also recommended is walking up and down the beach and taking a boat out to the reef. Another classic thing to do is to watch the sun set from Rick's Café. For other ideas see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril Day Trip

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if there was anything to stop and see on our way to Negril?

Mount Laurel, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril Day Trip

We used Reggae Tours. They are awesome.

United States
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril Day Trip

About half way from Montego Bay to Negril is the town of Lucea. For a complete list of things you can see and do in Lucea (along the way to Negril) see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g793509-c160056/Lucea…

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril Day Trip

We used to stay in Mo Bay and do a day trip to Negril every time...

Normally spend the day at a beach bar like Cosmo's or Sun Beach. They have all the water sports and great lunches.

Then we would clean up and head to Rick's Cafe for sunset, drinks, and cliff jumping. Rick's also has a live band every day right after sunset.

I might suggest the One Love Bar Crawl instead of Rick's though. Sounds like fun (I will find out for sure in August).

Fort St-John BC
Level Contributor
644 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril Day Trip

Ricks is a fun place to be

North East, Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril Day Trip

Mel- We stayed at Secrets in 2011 and took a day trip to Negril using Reggae Tours. It was great, and I would recommend them very highly. I wrote a pretty detailed description of our day trip under my review of Reggae Tours if you would like to check it out! One thing to keep in mind is that they will customize the day to your liking, so if you want to spend more time at one place, or add in a stop somewhere, it is no problem.

See: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d153…

Edited: 1:12 pm, July 03, 2013
Montrose, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril Day Trip

secrets is great .please say hello to Darren at the water sports from bill and terri.he is a great guy and if u want to learn how to sail he will teach you..tks....bill

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril Day Trip

Agree, Reggae Tours is fantastic!!!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril Day Trip

Thanks everyone! We are getting super excited! I will check out Reggae Tours!