We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

We just got back from Jamaica. We stayed at Secrets St James. Went to the Blue Hole, One Love bus pub craw, Monbay club and Scotchies. All of the listed places were great. We stayed at Secrets last year as well and Mobay club for the third time. If you have any questions about any of the places above, send them on over. I'll be happy to help. I just reviewed all of these places and it should be published by EOD tomorrow.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

Hi! We're headed to SWO in a few weeks... how did you arrange your Blue Hole trip and what was the distance to Blue Hole from Secrets?

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

We used Reggae Tours. This is the 3rd time I used them since June 2012 and they have been great each time.

You can email Gregg at info@reggae-tours.com (http://www.reggae-tours.com). Negril is about 1 hour and 15 mins away from Secrets in Montego Bay. Add another 15 mins to get to the blue hole. I scheduled a two stop trip to Negril and it ran around $200 for about 10 hours. If you're going to Negril I would suggest making at least two stops. I think stopping at the Blue Hole 1st and The Pelican Bar 2nd would be an outstanding trip. They are both unforgettable places.

My Pelican bar review (June 2012):

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147313-d102…

My Reggae Tours review (June 2012)

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d153…

I wrote a review on the Blue Hole and another on Reggae Tours a couple days ago. It should be published by the weekend. Check them out if you want to read more about them.

BTW this was our 2nd time at Secrets. You'll love it.

Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

hi im also heading to secrets and have a random question. can u get icecream cones at secrets . the child in me loves to have a cone on the beach.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

I've never had that question before. Both times I have been to Secrets I haven't seen a single ice cream cone. So I have to say no that question. But it was a good question. They'll have ice cream for desert if that makes you feel ant better :)

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,917 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

If the Blue Hole mentioned was 15 minutes from Negril, it had to be in Brighton - Blue hole mineral Spring?

Bear in mind there are many spring-fed pools that are referred to as "Blue Hole" in Jamaica. Offhand i can think of 2-3 in the Ochi area, one in Portland, a couple in the cockpits, two east of Negril. Prices to get to one or the other will vary considerably.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

Yes it was the mineral spring I think you have the correct one in mind. When we booked our day long private trip with Reggae tours they took care go the fee. No fee to enter the property but I heard it's a $10 fee to jump in the hole or use the pool. I can't confirm because we didn't pay a fee because Reggae tours took care of it for us.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

There were a few containers of ice cream at the buffet for lunch. I don't recall if there were cones available though. I simply lobbed a few scoops into a little glass bowl.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

One of my friends just came back from Secrets Wild Orchid...H00DRAT, there is a self serve ice cream machine by the coffee place.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

I prefer the self red stipe machine at the barefoot grill. But that's just me.

College Station...
Level Contributor
67 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Craw and Monbay - answers

flyinburrito : was that $200 per person ?