We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

We'll be at Secrets St James between June 15-21. We stayed at Secrets last June (2012) as well. During our transfer from the airport to Secrets we're stopping by Scothies for a little jerk pork and chicken. After check in I see the beach and the Marlin beach bar in my future, dinner and a 12 year appleton to finish out the first day. The next day, Sunday I have an excursion planned. We're going to Negril and first stopping at the Blue Hole for a few hours, after that jumping on the one love bus pub crawl from 2:30-6:30. Monday-Friday no concrete plans. We stayed at CSA in Negrill this past Xmas and really wanted to do the one love pub craw. I'm pretty knowledgeable with Secrets and excrusions so if you have any questions, comments or general excitment you want to share about Secrets shoot them over.

Palermo, Italy
Level Contributor
148 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

We just booked a week at the Secrets St. James for this fall. Can you tell me if it is worth the upgrade to preferred? We paid for just a standard junior suite but were curious on the upgrade.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

For the price, no way. It's the same exact room except for a soaking tub on the balcony, which I would never use. You get top shelf liquor in the lobby area of the preferred building, which isn't a big deal since you can drink top shelf in most bars. The pool is quieter but in reality anyone can use it since they don't check and the pool area bores me. Not sure it's worth the $120 per night. The only thing I would enjoy is the free wifi which would cost $15 per day in the regular side. Save your money and use it for other things such as excursions, spa etc. Plus I would rather be near the action. During check in I would offer $200 for 6 nights if you're interested but no more and if you don't care about wifi I wouldn't bother regardless of the price.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

Hi! We're staying at secrets WO from June 1st-6th. Can you tell me what companies Secrets uses for excursions if I book one when I get there? I'm wondering if I'm better off to book in advance or wait til I get to the resort. We're thinking of doing YS Falls and the Black River. Also, do you usually book airport transfers in advance? Hope you have a great vacation!

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

I think Secrets uses Amstar which is a company of theirs. I haven't heard a lot of good things about them. I didn't use them for that reason. I booked my airport transfers and excursion though Reggae tours (great company). I would rather book my excursions at home instead of wasting time in Jamica and going through the sales pitches. Our excursion was AWESOME. We went to YS Falls, Appleton rum tour and the Pelican bar. I think the airport transfers and the excursion was sound $350. This included all entry fees and it was a 12 hour day. How much would that cost in the US???? I HIGHLY advise the Pelican bar. You will never forget it. I love Appleton so that was a must for me. YS falls was great. We got here around 10am, perfect time with no big crowds. I would be happy to help you and answer questions about excursions. I did tons of research on this.

Reggae Tours:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d153…

Pelican Bar:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147313-d102…

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

Thanks for your response and tips!

Elk City, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

I will be at Secrets St James June 8-12. So excited. 1st time to stay in Mo Bay. I've done the Black River and YS Falls Tour. It was awesome. We saw a lot of crocodiles in the river and the falls were pretty. Way smaller than Dunns too.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

If you liked YS Falls you should try Mayfield Falls. Mayfield seems even smaller especially as far as the crowd. We haven't tried Dunns falls. Seems like too many people? This year we"re trying something new for us. We're going to the blue hole. Should be interesting. Don't miss the jerk chicken cart at noon each day. The reviews are true, it's outstanding.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

You can also try Pryce Taxi and Tours for your transfers and excrusion www.prycetaxiandtoursjamaica.com you just need to give them a day or two notice before your arrival

Jamaica
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

Good Morning All:

Thank you for selecting our lovely resort and let me be the first to welcome you Home. If you have any concerns or need answers for any particular questions you are always free to contact me ( econcierge1.sesmb@secretsresorts.com ) and I will be more than happy to assist.

Looking forward to welcoming you Home!

Regards,

Christina

Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets June Roll Call - Montego Bay

i'll be there the 4th-10th! so excited, i've never been to jamaica before!