We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Moon

Miller Place, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Half Moon

I will be staying at the Half moon at the end of July. I know that its off season, so im going to keep my fingers crossed for an upgrade. Either way, i want to have a great location, does anyone know of any specific rooms to recommend... Closest to the water would be great! Thanks!

Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Half Moon

All Hibiscus Suites are on the beach and the rooms are very spacious. They also all have either a generous patio or porch facing the beach. The rooms are less than three years old with tall ceilings and very comfortable furnishings. You can see their orientation to the water and, within the resort, by going to www.halfmoon.com.

Other TA users have posted photos of the rooms if you look around the archives.

Miller Place, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half Moon

unfortuntatly, we are booked for a superior room...were should we reccomend for that catagory... at the moment im planning on asking to be as close to the beach as possible. Any other room advice would be greatly appreciated

Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Half Moon

Call the hotel, for sure. I believe the preponderance of Superior Rooms reamining in the resort are located within the renovated, 8 Oleander buildings located on either side of the Oleander pool and restaurant. Several of the buildings are oceanfront, though I don't know if any of the rooms within those oceanfront buildings are Superior room category (they may be suites).

Since the aerial photograph that appears on the hotel's website was taken, the old Oleander Superior Rooms block next to the Dolphin Lagoon and some storage facilities have been demolished. Subsequently, three of the eight Oleander buildings (to the east of the Oleander pool) have very good ocean front views as they now look across the lawn, beach and ocean without physical, building impairment.

That said, there is some beach restoration work going on now to create better swimming areas in front of the Royal Villas and Oleander Suites. You might inquire when that work is expected to be completed.

Good luck. It's a beautiful property with outgoing and friendly service.

4. Re: Half Moon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 16, 2009