We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab fare from airport to riu montego bay

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
cab fare from airport to riu montego bay

Instead of catching the bus to the resort, do you have any idea how much it would cost to go to the Riu Montego Bay by cab?? I want to start my vacation early

Ontario
Level Contributor
330 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cab fare from airport to riu montego bay

I highly recommend Lindsay McFarlane. We used him for airport transfer and also 2 excursions during a recent stay in Montego Bay. He charges $30 each way for airport transfer.

I truly can't say enough about him or the service he provided. It is well worth every penny - you will not be sorry! His English is excellent, his van is safe and well air-conditioned, he brings a cooler so you can pack drinks and snacks, and he is extremely cautious about always locking the vehicle so your stuff is safe and he is always concerned for your safety and well-being.

Additionally, he is incredibly knowledgeable about the island, history, flora and fauna, and will make your transfer and/or tour very interesting (and take you places you'd never otherwise get to see on an excursion.)

If you book him for a tour, he is very conscious of making your day worthwhile so you feel like it is money well-spent. By the end of our trip, he felt more like a friend than a tour-guide/driver.

Lindsay McFarlane (SNL Jamaican Tours)

1-876-412-4298

snljamaicantours@hotmail.com

Amy

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab fare from airport to riu montego bay

Hi Amy,

It seems that you are quite familiar with cab business in MB area. Do you know what's a reasonable fare between Secrets resorts and MegaMart or Hip Strip? We are going to visit there next month. This is our very first trip to Jamaica.

Thanks in advance!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cab fare from airport to riu montego bay

You can catch a cab at the airport without any problem. Negotiate a price before getting in. You could go from the airport to the RIU for between $20-$30.

As far as a taxi from Secrets to the Hip Strip it will probably be about $20. Don't get one inside the gates of the resort, you will pay more. Walk outside of the resort and get one.

Also, be sure to only use red plates taxis.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cab fare from airport to riu montego bay

If the bus was included in your trip personally I would take it. It has never really taken us that long and there is a little margritaville out on the curb you can get drinks and music is playing. It goes pretty fast. You may get there a few minutes early but RIU is pretty close to the airport. I would save that money and put it towards an excursion. If you got over to the bus and it looked like it was not going anywhere for awhile you could always say no thanks and go grab a taxi, if its full and ready to go then you may end up arriving at the same time anyway!! As for the secrets question yes go OFF the resort and get a cab. Make sure you know what you want to pay and agree on it before you get in!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
330 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cab fare from airport to riu montego bay

Ajtripmass: You could always pre-arrange a mini-excursion with Lindsay. For example, one day it was overcast so we decided to go out and do some shopping and sight-seeing. Lindsay picked us up at 9am and we went shopping, then he took us to Rosehall, White Witch golf course, through the fancy expensive houses in Mo Bay, we went to a beautiful old plantation hall overlooking the city (just gorgeous, looked like a throw-back to the 1950's). We also saw downtown Mo Bay, an old church with a lot of historical info, stopped at the top of the road above the airport... learned lots about local flora and fauna... had Tastee Jamaican patties for lunch... :)

He charged us $50 (2 people) and we got back to the resort around 2pm. He probably would have kept going but I was getting tired, and the sun was out so I wanted to go back to the beach. :)

6. Re: cab fare from airport to riu montego bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 22, 2014