We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach WheelChair?

Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beach WheelChair?

Does anyone know where we can get a beach wheelchair to rent March 15th to the 23rd we are flying into MBJ and staying in Negril?

They look like this http://tinyurl.com/b4qskld

Basically a reg wheelchair with big tires. We have used them on other vacations but have never seen them in Jamaica.

Thanks in Advance !!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
517 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach WheelChair?

try contacting your resort. they may be able to tell you if they have them,or if they are available locally. also 'pm' one of the 'jamaica experts' and they could get you some email addresses in Negril that may be able to locate one. good luck ....

Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach WheelChair?

Thanks for the reply, yes we have called several resorts and other contacts we have in Jamaica, no one has even seen a chair that we are looking for except that several years ago, Couples in Negril had one that someone keeps there so that when they vacation in Negril it is there for their use. I have called Couples and the 3 people I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. Since we are staying at CoCo I doubt the other resort will let us rent it :(

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach WheelChair?

I know Sandals Montego Bay has a sand wheelchair (a guest reported on it about two years ago). Perhaps try calling Sandals MoBay or Sandals Negril and see if they have suggestions of where you might be able to find one?

Just found a list of medical supply places that maybe you can rent from:

caribbeanonlineyellowpages.com/listings_3/3_…

Good luck!

4. Re: Beach WheelChair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 04, 2014