We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

My mother and father will be traveling to Sandals Montego Bay next week to celebrate her 65th birthday. I would like to have some sort of gift or add-on set up for her when she arrives. The obvious choice is a spa certificate, but she does not like massages or spa treatments. She also is not a big drinker, so a bottle of champagne isn't quite right. Both of my parents love to snorkel, if that is helpful. Does anyone who has been to the resort have a suggestion about something that wasn't included in the all-inclusive package that would be a nice gift? My brother and I are happy to spend a few hundred dollars, if the gift is right. Less expensive options are great too :)

Thank you for any suggestions!!!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
517 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

try a scenic helicopter ride. if you google 'helicopter/montego bay'' there are a few . i saw one yesterday that was about a 20 minute flight that was around 400 u.s. when are they arriving? theres always golf or a ride up to nine mile bobs birthtown how hip are they?? feel free to email me . we have been to all sandals many, many times and we always find something neat to do.theres also the river ride in a bamboo raft, guided in both mo and around ochi. keep asking and youll get a ton of fun stuff for them send them to the hip strip or to a good jerk shack try a cab up and over the mountain and take them to whitehouse that is a great way to see the island and stay on the ground .and once there its free happy hunting

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

One other suggestion for them is what Sandals calls, a Romatic Candle Light Dinner. It's extra cost, within your price range. What happens is they arrange for a location on the property to have the dinner (beach, patio, gardens, they pick), usually spanning sunset. We've done them a few times. Just the two of them, where they order off a special menu, drinks, champagne included, they will have a dedicated wait person for the event. One word of warning though...have the dinner scheduled for a night OTHER than their last night on property. A couple times the weather didn't cooperate for us and we couldn't have the dinner in our desired under the stars location...so if they schedule a day or two before departure, and the weather is bad, they can have a fall back.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

We had a blast on the catamaran trip to Drs. Cove and Margaritaville. The reef is awesome and the snorkeling is wonderful. The trip would be a hoot even if they don't drink. It gets a bit interesting on the return trip.

Edited: 7:45 pm, January 30, 2013
Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

hi worldtex, can you tell me a bit more about the catamaran trip to Drs.Cove, hubby and me are going in Feb, would appreicate any info. thanks a lot

Middletown, Ohio
Level Contributor
576 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

A mani and pedi from the Spa.....I can tell you from experience, they do a great job!

WI
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

Maybe you can arrange a private snorkel trip. I've heard of others doing that at SMB.....

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

Stumped

It is available through the island routes desk in the labby area. The very large cat belongs to sandals. There is no drinking on the way over because of the snorkeling. Drs cove is right next to margaritaville so to anchor next to the reef and snorkel for about 30 min. Then they dock at margaritaville. The booze on the boat really starts flowing at that point. It is included. Be careful on the slide at margaritaville, it drops about 10 ft at low tide. My wife bruised her ribs and one of the girls. On the way back it gets a bit wild with body shots on the deck. Over all we had a great time. The reef is very close to the surface which makes it a lot better than the reef out from sandals.

Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

ok great, thanks for responding!!

9. Re: Suggestions for birthday gift at Sandals Montego Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 02, 2014