We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

TORONTO
2 posts
Save Topic
Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

I'm heading back to Jamaica in June with a friend of mine, but I don't want to stay at one of the all inclusive places. I was at the Royal Decameron in April and it wasn't worth the money I paid for it at all cuz I spent 90% of the time off the resort and all over the island.... I'm looking for a cheap place that charges by the room and not per person, nothing fancy pants or anything, just somewhere clean to sleep and shower. Any ideas???

North of Jamaica
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

Toby's Resort...just across the street from the Decameron

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

I am sticking with the Beach View Apartments. Clean, roomy, near everything and above all cheap.

I may have to check out Toby's on one of these trips to JA Shawnie! I know its you're fav.

North of Jamaica
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

Morning ibefit,

Beachview Apts? Is that the one on a hill towards downtown near the intersection? If its the place that I'm thinking of then that would also be a good choice, but Toby's is home so I have to recommend it...lol

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

Morning Shawnie. Yes it is the one going toward downtown on the hill right behind The Doll House. Nestled around that chinese restaurant and The Brewery on the hill. AquaSol is across the street.

I've got to check out Toby's though for sure. Are they like flats or something? Individual entry units?

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

StoneLove - as you say that last time you went 'all over the island' I'm guessing that being near 'The Hip Strip' may not be too important to you. If so, consider The View Guest House at the top corner of Jarrett Terrace, near Jarrett Park. It has a bar and small pool plus very good security. Tel: 952 3175. If you are driving, watch the one way streets, access via Creek Street and Hunter Avenue. It fits your spec - a cheap place that charges by the room and not per person, nothing fancy pants or anything, just somewhere clean to sleep and shower.

Have a good trip.

North of Jamaica
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

You can check out there website at www.tobyresorts.com

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

Oh yeah, the website for Beach View Apartments is

www.marzouca.com

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap!!!! MoBay Hotels

You thought RDMB was expensive? We payed about $80 US a night when we went what a bargain. I can't imagine finding more than two or three places cheaper which were already mentioned like Tobys.