We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Getaway to Montego Bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Getaway to Montego Bay

Our annual girls getaway trip is traveling to Jamaica this year. There will be 7 of us. We went to Live Aqua resort in Mexico last year and loved it. We want the same kind if not better experience. The following things are a must have for us - All inclusive, adults only, some night life and some adventure.

We have looked at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall and Jewel Dunn but that looks like it is for couples. Any help would be appreciated/ we want to make our reservations soon.

Kansas
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Getaway to Montego Bay

Bumping this post, needing the same answers!

Rhodelia, Kentucky
Level Contributor
105 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Getaway to Montego Bay

I think in Jamaica, it depends on your price range, and what you want the most... I have been going to Montego bay for 7 years. Couples trips, girls trips, and family vacay. Both of the resorts you mentioned are great and I LOVE MoBay, but when we went in 2012 for our annual girls getaway.. we stayed in MoBay and took a day trip to Negril, relaxed all day on 7 mile beach, went to Ricks Cafe, danced, drank a bit... and had a BLAST... If we go back to Jamaica again it will be to Negril... casual, laid back atmosphere, a little more nightlife to me...I would suggest Sunset at the Palms... although I think they allow children..

Midlothian, IL
Level Contributor
393 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Getaway to Montego Bay

I think you should consider Iberostar Grand Rose hall and SEcrets St. James/Secrets Wild Orchid. You would be fine at either of those as a group of girls. We went to Secrets in December with 4 friends and we loved it. I have also stayed at Iberostar Grand in Mexico and went with a friend and we did not feel out of place.

Jewel Dunns River would be almost all couples. The resort does not have rooms with 2 double beds -- only king beds. I almost went there with my group of friends but due to the bed issue - -that was a make or break for us. I spoke to the hotel manager at the time and he said they didn't have any plans anytime soon to have any rooms with 2 doubles -- so that says a lot.

We hired a driver for the day and went to Negril and had a blast when we stayed at Secrets as well. it was about an hour and 15 minutes each way, but a great day trip.

WI
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Getaway to Montego Bay

Have you looked @ Jewel Runaway Bay? It is transitioning to a family resort but had family there last week, they said the "kid count" wasn't too bad.

Royal DeCameron Montego Beach would be a less expensive option, (maybe).....

Kansas
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Getaway to Montego Bay

We have heard Negril is the prettiest, which is where our group is leaning. It would be great to stay in the $1500/person range. We just want to make sure we aren't drowning in couples/honeymooners! (We can handle kids, as long as we aren't outnumbered).

6. Re: Girls Getaway to Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 02, 2014