We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

We just booked at the Sandals Carlyle from April 11th to the 16th. The price was just too good to not to. Anyone else going during this time?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

SASMIGuy...from my experience, when you look at online travel packages, they are priced per person with the final total at the end...this also allows different insurance packages for each person if necessary.

When you simply look at a room at Sandals...it should be the same cost for everyone no matter where in the US or Canada you are coming from, and research for room only should not find you a lower price than what is on the Sandals site (Sandals price controls its resorts).

For us Canadians, if we are booking through the Sandals site, we have to take into consideration the exchange rate...the final cost is in US dollars and we get dinged tremendously with exchange...even if our dollar is worth more than the US (I've never understood that!). BUT...if you book through an online travel agency such as Air Canada Vacations, the costs are quoted in Canadian funds, and you can book room only or room and air as a package.

It sounds like the higher cost for D&A and V&R is the total cost of their trip including airfare, which no matter what, is the bottom line for them and it appears their costs are much higher than they were in previous years.

Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

@Travelpair55 and VandR, I understand now. We almost always book our flights seperate so we can use our FF miles.

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

Have stayed at SCI three times but the price w/air keeps going up. When you consider that you have to take the shuttle over to SMB or SRC for a nice beach, it is not worth the hassle or the cost. Would I go back, maybe if the price was right for a decent room with view. The last two times, the noise from all the cars and people parting late at night was disturbing..

Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

@coolpapa, was the noise from the cars every night or just on the weekends?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

SASMI...we also usually book air fare separately and in fact, our flights this time are paid for with airmiles! :)

I've heard of the road noise at SCI...but I wear earplugs at night anyway due to hubby's snoring, so it doesn't worry me.

Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

Travellpair 55 looking forward to your TR once you are back!

rok
Canada Bay...
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

I don't understand those companies, including AC Vactions who quote prices per person for Couples & Sandals. All their prices are per room, per nite. Stupid. There's another one in the U.S who's advertizements keep spouting 50% off & their totals are double what you'd expect. Forget their name. Best advice I can give is to go directly to the hotel and airline websites, keeping mind early booking is generally better.

Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

Any others going to the Carlyle in April 2013?

Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Sandals Carlyle April 2013 Roll Call

Bump..

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply