We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring break

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison,WI
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
spring break

where does most of the spring break action happen In Mo bay and during which months. Is there still plenty of things going on in the middle of march? also just a question for anyone who has been to margarittaville, if you remember how much you payed for different drinks there could ya please post it, i am just trying to get an idea. thanks, we'll be there from march 18 thru the 24th, anyone else... were stayin at Sunset beach.

milwaukee, wi
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: spring break

Hey there Madtown:

My Friends and I are there the 17th through the 24th, we are from MKE. We are staying at Brezees Montego Bay though. I believe that the middle ov March should be a good time to go and that is when a lot of colleges take spring break. As far as margaritaville, I have heard lots of good things about it. Here is the web site for it, however, there is no menu link that I have found...

margaritavillecaribbean.com/locations_monteg…

Hope that you are ready to party that week!!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spring break

Hi madtown(Madison, WI?)

A guy I work with just got back from MoBay a couple weeks ago. He said the margarittas were kinda steep....$7 each. He also said he didn't know what was in 'em, but whatever it was, he caught a pretty good buzz off of just 1.

If your on a budget, catch a good buzz before you leave your resort, then do some bar hoping, to get a feel of where the best deals/action is.

PS. I've heard Margarittaville has a nightly(?) wet T shirt contest. PARTY!!!!!!!

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: spring break

Spring Break usually runs from the beginning of March to the end of April. The middle to end of March is usually the peak. The average cost for drinks at Margueritaville is about $5. If you are going for the spring break action make sure you go to Negril though as there are usually more activities than Mobay.

Hartford, WI
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: spring break

Was just in Margaritaville Montego Bay last Wed. Margaritas cost $7 to $8 each. It was kind of fun to go once, would not go back, they were quite overpriced.

Mtn. View, CA
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: spring break

we are 2 fun single gals landing in mo bay on march 10th. have made no reservations. nothing. any reco as to where to stay? anyone gonna be there around the same time? we want to travel all over the island...don't know the distance and stuff...

wanna get in kingston too if poss. wondering if there is any cheap ground transportation from mobay to kingston n back. also, which is more fun n wild? mobay or negril? we are looking to do some crazy partying, though we may be a little too old (n wise ;) ) for the drunk college crowds... which places have good crowds, good parties, etc? ?

also, must we make hotel reservations before heading out? we wanna stay in cheap places, any recommendations would be good. not looking for spa luxury or anything. dont mind being total beach bum types... is it plausible to look around for accomodation upon arriving?

finally, what is the cheapest way for us to get from mobay to negril? any kind of advice that u think might be relevant would be greatly appreciated. especially if you are from jamaica or have been to jamaica before(maybe an earlier spring break?) i have surfed the net already looking for reviews, etc but most were from couple types who were just enjoying each others company in a beautiful land... we wanna go out, meet ppl, party, some sight seeing, adventure sports... the works!

thanx!!!

milwaukee, wi
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: spring break

Kamatle:

I haven't actually gotten to the island yet, am going down the middle of March to Mobay. What I can tell you though, is you should really out these questions to Jamaica Steve...he can answer everything..he is awesome, when it comes to info on the area...he seems to know everything!!!!

Flint, Michigan
Level Contributor
121 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spring break

kamatle.. You are a brave woman! But I think that they are going to charge you top dollar if they know that you are stuck there with nowhere to go. Basically, they've got you. I would go onto funjet last minute deals, hotel only, and try to book something ahead of time. I've found them to be the most reasonably priced. Also, the middle of March is peak season for spring break, none of the hotels are going to be hurting for customers, most of the cheaper ones will be sold out. I don't think I would want to play the beach bum in a foreign country.. it's not America, and women aren't respected as much as we are here. Be Careful!!! Good luck!

Flint, Michigan
Level Contributor
121 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: spring break

P.S.... I know that you two can probably hook up with some guys pretty easily, but most hotels there are all-inclusive and you have to be a paying guest to get in.. it's not like they will be able just take you back to their hotel with them. They issue special bracelets to eliminate this. I don't want to sound like your mother or anything, but please think this through... Like I said before.. You will not be treated like you are here.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: spring break

I will try to answer your questions as accurately as possible.

1. Cheap Hotels in Mobay-Toby Inn (start around $40 per night), Hotel Montego (start around $50 per night).

2. Cheap Hotels in Negril-Travellers Beach Resort (start around $40 per night), T-Water (start around $50 per night), Jah B's Cottages (around $20 per night), Drumville Cove (around $50 per night)

3. Cheap Hotels in Ocho Rios-Pineapple Hotel, Ocean Sands Hotel

4. Cheap Hotels in Kingston-Sandhurst Hotel, Olympia Crown Hotel and Mayfair Hotel (average $50 per night). (My mom also provides short term rental for foreigners I can send her email address to you).

5. Public Transportation from Mobay to Negril-around $2.50 (one hour drive). From Mobay to Ocho Rios-around $3.00 (90 min. drive). From Mobay to Kingston-around $5.00 (3 hour drive).

Tips on Kingston-Be very careful when visiting Kingston as some areas are prone to a lot of serious crimes although tourists are very unlikely to be victimized. If taking public transporation to Kingston ask to be let off at SIX MILES and take a cab from there to your hotel. Try and arrange for a guide if possible. Make sure to visit the Bob Marley Museum, Devon House (an old plantation house owned by Jamaica's first black Millionaire) and Port Royal (An old pirate stronghold once run by the notorious Bucanneer Henry Morgan). Popular nite clubs are Assylum ($5) and Quad ($8.50) . Both are located on Knutsford Boulevard.

I will be at Travellers Beach Resort in Negril from March 14-22. Email me at jamaican_critic@yahoo.com if you are interested in a guide.

Minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: spring break

My friend and I are also going down in the middle of march. We're going down there from March 17 to March 22. We're staying at the Gloustershire Hotel, it's like 3 blocks away from Margaritaville (where we'll be pretty much everyday), so I'm sure we'll run into you down there!