We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

Anyone know of the best way to get to Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay from the airport? My husband and I are traveling with 4 year old boy and 7 month old girl with a carseat that turns into a stroller. I'm worried so much about the cost but more of the safety.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

Like everyone else said, spend the $20 and take a taxi.

One thing to note, when you are walking towards the transportation, take a right at the large bar to get to the taxi area. There will be a lot of people trying to steer you one way or the other. Ignore them and walk to the taxi area.

va
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

our trip includes van service with jamacia tours limited, is this what everyone is digusted with or something diff. i would rather get a taxi if so. there are 5 adults and 1 baby, we are flying 1st class air jamacia, first time on 321 airbus, can we carry on luggage or check it, would this make flight easier

Pinehurst, NC
Level Contributor
659 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

fruity1, we were there in April with Jamaica Tours and it was not that bad. The Jamaica Tours bus we were on was carrying people only to SSB, it did not go to any other hotels, so the ride was less than 15 minutes, as they were directing us thru the bus area, they asked for out hotel and then said "the SSB bus was over here" and took us to the SSB bus, they did wait till the bus was full before it left, but we did take the last 3 seats, so I don't know how long the others had to wait before it was full.

va
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

thanks klab, so dont rush!!!!, so do we have time to get a free drink from first lounge and do you know anything about this?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

It sure is nice to see other famlies vacationing with their little ones too.

I think it would be worth the $$ to get a taxi instead of having to wait for the buses/vans to load people up.

Pinehurst, NC
Level Contributor
659 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

No, I do not know anything about the free drinks in the first lounge. We did grab a red stripe (after customs) and brougt it to the bus. You have time. In our case, they seemed to know how many to expect that morning, because they kept counting us. After you get your bags and clear customs there will be people waiting and will ask what hotel you are at and what tour group and they will direct you to where you need to be. Ask them is you have time for a drink, the guy that took our bags to the bus said Yeah Mon, so we did. No one on our bus seemed to be annoyed, so I got the impression they had not been waiting long to fill the bus. Then we went directly to SSB.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

We do not have bus/van transfers so that is why I posted the transportation topic. Thank goodness for this forum. I sure have received alot of good advice on the "ins/outs" of Jamacia traveling.

st louis
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transportation from MoBay airport to Sunset Beach Resort...

Dont event think of using Apple vacations for anything, they do a bait and switch with $$$