We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karandas Tours

Eldon, Missouri
1 post
1 review
Karandas Tours

We are planning a trip to Montego Bay in Dec & wanted to know if anyone has booked with this tour group? We would like to go to Dunn River one day & Catamaran w/Margaritiville. If anyone has any input I would really appreciate it.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Karandas Tours

Reggae-tours.com and joe cool taxi get high marks here on TA

http://joecooltaxiandtoursjamaica.net/

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Karandas Tours

Looks like Jeff liked them!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147311-i93-k50416…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
3. Re: Karandas Tours

Did you end up using Karandas? We are looking at using them as well. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Brampton, Canada
1 post
4. Re: Karandas Tours

I know this too late for anyone who has already messaged on this forum but anyone else searching KARANDAS TOURS (this will be helpful). Me and three of my friends just recently went to Mobay. I had come across www.excursionsinjamaica.com and found a unique ziplining, dunns river falls and water tubing package. We were very hesitant to book with a private tour company as we had always booked from the hotels. TRUST ME if you book with KARANDAS TOURS you will NOT regret your decision. They specialize in private tours so you and your party have the whole tour bus to your self. Your guide will stop anywhere you desire (whether it be for food, shopping, washroom or smoke breaks etc. Even if you want to get out and take some pictures the guide will accommodate you and your group. Most excursions are in Ochos Rios which is a good 2 hrs away from MoBay so comfort is a big thing. The last thing we wanted was to sit in a bus for 2 hours with 10 people.

We compared the prices to the hotels excursions and we actually got a better deal. The tour company does ask for a deposit to secure the reservation you make before you leave. Rest assured we did it through pay pal and it was SECURE.

Furthermore we were a group of four girls so safety was a huge concern. Our guide UTON was fabulous!!! He kept our belongings locked and guarded in the van. All four of us had iphones and cameras and nothing was touched!! In addition if we were approached by anyone at any point he would always be right behind us (like a fatherly figure). I would highly recommend KARANDAS TOURS for comfort, safety and exceptional service. We were so happy with their service the first day that we booked the 9mile tour for the day after and they had us reserved and ready to go immediately.

Email Karandas Tours if you have any questions about specific excursions Dwight is wonderful in providing detailed information ( I must have asked him at least 20 questions before reserving.)

Reston, Virginia
1 post
5. Re: Karandas Tours

Karandas Tours does a fantastic job of not only offering a wide array of tour options, but making sure that your time in Jamaica is enjoyable.

I booked a handful of tours through Karandas for my brother’s bachelor party and we were not disappointed:

-Luminous Lagoon – Not too far from Montego Bay, we were able to swim in waters filled with bioluminescent organisms which light up when in contact with turbulence. Absolutely surreal. The tour also came with a brief history and biology lesson about the area, along with some rum punch.

-Appleton Rum Estate Tour – A bit of drive inland, we were able to take a guided tour of the Appleton Rum distillery. This was a great way to enjoy time with friends over a wide selection of rums (tasting session included on the tour) and to get gifts right from the source. They even give you a little complimentary bottle to take home. Although the drive is a little bumpy, you get to see parts of Jamaica that you’d otherwise miss if you stayed on the coast. On the way back, our driver recommended the Almond Tree restaurant – it was a small roadside restaurant which didn’t look like too much from the outside, but they had great jerk chicken and curried chicken. Fantastic experience.

-Visit to Negril and Rick’s Café – In a comfortable van, we made the hour-long drive from Montego Bay to Negril along Jamaica’s beautiful coastline. As a private tour looking more for Negril’s nightlife, we actually chose to forgo Rick’s Café and instead went to a nightclub. Negril is a great town if you like music, drinks, and dancing.

-During the last night of the bachelor party, Karandas tours (on very short notice, no less) arranged for a private “carte blanche” tour of Montego Bay. We had a private driver at our disposal who recommended the finest restaurants, nightclubs, and other attractions in the area. This speaks to the accommodating and adaptive nature of Karandas’ staff. It really was a great conclusion to the bachelor party and our vacation overall.

With Karandas’ professional driver’s, we never felt uneasy about our safety during the tours. Having unlimited access to their expertise was also tremendously helpful. Additionally, organizing and planning the tours was very easy with the website and the admin staff. I could not speak more highly of the experience and service we received through Karandas Tours. If you are in Jamaica for a limited amount time, this is the way to go.

Sincerely,

J.K

6. Re: Karandas Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 19, 2015