We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in town

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spfld Missouri
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
one day in town

Cruise stop in Mo Bay. We have looked at the standard excrusions, but wonder if we might enjoy going it with a private driver. What should we see. We would like to get away from port to look around. Wife and two teen age daughters. Ideas... not looking for a road trip to Ochi or Negril (will be there for a week in Jan)

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day in town

By all means hire a private driver. If you want the name of mine I will be happy to give you his name. He works at the port on cruise ship days so he will be there. He is insured and all. We met him several years ago and keep in touch with him. We use him every year we go to Jamaica. He has treated us very well over the years! Not only is it a better experiance but will save you a ton of money!

Spfld Missouri
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day in town

yes please, send me his number

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day in town

have your driver just take you out of town. Go get something to eat. Just have him take you up into the hills and show you around. Just ask whomever you hire, they'll know where to take you.

4. Re: one day in town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 11, 2013