We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
"Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

I cannot remember who said Kingston to Negril... about $12. Where do you get on the bus? I will be in the Eastwood Park / Meadowbrook area.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

Are you Jamaican? If not be careful the buspark isn't in the best area. Its located in downtown Kingston.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

I don't think there is a straight bus route from Kingston to Negril. You'll probably have to take one to Sav and then another fi Negril. I believe it was $500 Ja from Kingston to Sav. I think its about $300 Ja from Sav to Negril. With gas prices rising rapidly that might have changed from a few months ago though.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

Hi again 25868:

The other forum members are right, the bus park is located in a shady part of downtown Kingston. Unfortunately there is no escaping this until the new bus terminus is built next year in "Uptown". However if you decide to take the trip the cost as I know is J$500 from Kingston to Savanna-La-Mar (3.5 hours) and about $100 from Sav to Negril (30 mins). As Jamerican rightfully said the gas prices are contantly going up so budget slightly more to accomodate for inflation. I live in the Meadowbrook area and visit Negril once a month. If you are interested you may be able to get a ride depending on when you get here. My email is jamaican_critic@yahoo.com

Ali

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

almirage,

Do you know how close the new terminus is going to be to the US Embassy on Oxford Rd.? Would it be walkable?

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

I wouldn't say its within walking distance. Its not very far though-about a 5 minute drive.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

Thanks

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

Alimirage, is the new terminus iin Half Way Tree, just North of the clok tower and the little park where the photographers hang out?

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

Yes the new terminus is directly across from Mandela Park (where the photographers are). I am not sure if you know where JBC was in the past. It will be directly behind that property.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Public transportation from Kingston to Negril"

alimirage, thank you. Yes I remember JBC being there, quite a few years ago, yes? It' s changed name and moved to Cross Roads now hasn't it?