We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

niles
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

Does anyone have a list of tips to make a week at Rose Hall suites run smoothly?

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

just make your dinner reservations as soon as you get there....and see how crowded it is, you may have to play the towel game to grab chairs...other than that, just enjoy yourself...its awesome and the staff takes care of you... make sure you meet all the star friends, they are a great bunch, i've made lifelong friends with many of them. i've been to the suites twice and plan on going back in June. its awesome..oh and if you're a drinker, you might want to bring those bubba kegs if you want a bigger drink and less trips to the bar...i didn't but noticed people did... can't really think of much...ah! bring lots of singles and fives for tips. and TIP, they work hard for not much money. be sure to see the tutti frutti show and hit the club after, lots of fun.

niles
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

Thanks!!!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
211 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

Any "cons" to a vacation there? We're thinking seriously about it. We've been going to Punta Cana for the last 5 years and are ready for a change. We have a 9 year old who will probably spend a lot of time in the Kids Club, we like top shelf liquor, and are not tremendously picky eaters and actually like buffets. The other places we've been are Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda and Punta Cana, Beaches Turks and Caicos, Beaches Negril, and Franklyn D. Resort.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

lizaambler I can comment on the comparison to Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda. Although both resorts were gorgeous, we MUCH preferred the IRHS. The staff at IRHS was much friendlier. I think the Iberostar chain does a great job of training its staff to realize that the guests are the main thing...and we definitely felt that in Jamaica. The other biggie was that our room at GBPE did not have an ocean view, as few do, and our room at IRHS had a gorgeous view of the ocean. I highly recommend the resort.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
211 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

When you went to IRHS, did you have any kids with you? I'm curious about the kids club. At Esmeralda, we always had an ocean view room! It might be because we'd been to GBP so many times, I don't know. Can you think of any bad things about IRHS? Or "know before you go" type stuff? I am a lot more flexible about bumps in the road on vacation if I know ahead of time that they might happen. For instance, the power went out once at Esmeralda in the middle of the night so it got kind of warm in the room. I had read that blackouts happen sometimes in the DR, so I just rolled over and went back to sleep, you know?

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

lizambler - we were there in Jan 2012 with our kids - 10 and 4. It was fantastic - we absolutely loved it. However I think you will find the kids club will be too youg for your 9 year old. Our 4 year old loved it and 10 year old found it much too young. I would say kids up to the age 7 (maximum) would enjoy the kids club and anyone older would find too many tots. However - the 8 and up kids loved it and loved hanging out at the lazy river and the staff treated them like royalty. We often would send our 10 year old down shortly before us to get chairs and often would come down to one of the entertainment staff or kids club staff just sitting and visiting with her or chatting about Justin Bieber. She loved it.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
211 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

It might be good for our son. He has autism, but is very mildly affected. He is verbal and his behavior is generally very good. He is a little behind in maturity than most other kids his age. Granted, he'll be turning 10 in May, but I think he'll be fine if we give him a little preparation (i.e. "you know you'll need to help the teachers with the younger kids".) At Esmeralda, we only had him in kids club for the morning, and then we spend the afternoon together as a family. Thanks for the input! It will help us have a smooth transition from home to vacation if we know some things to expect.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

I haven't been yet, but from what I've read, the rooms have wired Internet, but no wi-fi. Since we aren't bringing a laptop, and the only time I plan on checking e-mail etc is when the kids are asleep and I'm trapped in the room (making the hotel lobby wi-fi useless), we're bringing a small wireless router.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

If you want to eat at any of the Rose Hall Beach restaurants, I would make those reservations first as they seem to fill up the quickest (as those are the only restaurants for guests staying at the RH Beach. We found that it was much easier to switch reservations at the Suites than Beach....I did make all of our initial reservations as soon as we arrived while we were waiting for our room, though. My girls liked the Japanese restaurant at beach the best - not necessarily becasue of the food they served, but becasue it was more interactive/fun!

10. Re: Anyone have a list of tips for Rose Hall Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 18, 2013