We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach room comparaison

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunset Beach room comparaison

We will be heading to Sunset Beach in early December and I would like some information about the rooms so that I book the room that is best for my family.

Room: I assume this is a basic

Oceanview: I know this is in the towers looking at the ocean

Here is where I need help

Oceanfront: Is this over looking the ocean? is it in a tower or on the Ground?

Cabana section beachfront; Does this overlook the ocean? Is this worth it.

Junior suite oceanview: Is this worth it and what is it really?

Sorry for all of the questions. We are going with our two kids 10 and 5 years old and I want it to be perfect for them.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach room comparaison

I think the Cabana section is worth it. When we priced this resort the Cabanas were not a lot more than the Oceanview. Less than $100 per week, if I remember correctly.

The Cabana rooms are in 2 story buildings east of the 2 big towers. So no elevators to deal with. They are right on the ocean. When they say oceanfront, they are oceanfront. If you are on the first floor you walk right out to the beach. If you are on the second floor you have to go around the building to the front to get to the beach, but you get a nice balcony facing the beach. I highly recommend these rooms.

The cabana rooms are also much quieter. They are a little further walk from the central area of the resort if you are in the east buliding, but worth it or the quiet factor.

There is also another category of room called Waterpark. Our adult chidren and their children had these rooms. The kids were 9-2, so they match up well with our kid's ages. They are in the same 2 story buildings as the beachfront cabanas, but they do not face the ocean. These buildings are in an L shape, and they are in the leg of the L that runs away from the beach. But these are great rooms in a great location. If you are in the west building your room opens right on the water park. They loved that. But the rooms were quiet enough for the little ones to nap in the afternoon, despite the noise from the waterpark just outside.

If for some reason the pricing is different and the difference is more than it was for us, your decision can be more difficult.

Edited: 4:16 pm, October 18, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach room comparaison

We were in the towers. Although our room was nice I HATED the towers. I requested a cabana room and didnt get onel I was very disapointed!!

Painted Post, NY
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach room comparaison

We were also in the beachfront cabanas and agree very much with HogDaddy's description. The room was basic but clean and the balcony/view was wonderful. These rooms are split into East and West and there is a little bar at the end of the East rooms on the beach. We found the beach there to be the best for swimming and wading as there are less rocks.

Our parents were in the tower and there were many issues with the elevators. Besides the wait for two elevators servicing many floors, one woman I spoke to got stuck in the elevator for 1/2 hour and the call button to the front desk wouldn't work. It was a pretty scary situation for her. They did have a large bathroom though and basic room as well.

My brother and his family were in a waterpark cabana and we liked his room quite a bit. It was very conveniently located and nice to be so close to the waterpark for the kids. Our preference would be the beachfront cabana because there is nothing like seeing that beautiful ocean but a close second would be the waterpark cabanas.

4. Re: Sunset Beach room comparaison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 21, 2013