We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montego Bay / Ocho Rios

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Montego Bay / Ocho Rios

Spending a week at a resort in Montego Bay, plus have another 5 free days, should I stay at Montego Bay or go to Ochu Rios for a time. What is the best way to get from Montego Bay to Ochu Rios

United States
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montego Bay / Ocho Rios

I think that the best option is to fly via helicopter. There are two companies that offer this service: Captain John's Island Hoppers (876) 974-1285 and Jamaica Customized Vacations & Services (876) 863-1798. They both fly to Ocho Rios. Helicopters are one of the fastest ways to get anywhere on the island and give you a bonus aerial view of Jamaica on the way.

You can also go by taxi, shuttle bus, or take a regular bus. All cost much less than a helicopter ride but also take much longer, up to two hours, and you do not get the great views you get from the air.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,636 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montego Bay / Ocho Rios

Helicopter is nice, but the price is ridiculous. Just hire a driver to take you. What you save will almost pay for another trip.

And honestly, if I were going to stay anywhere, I'd consider Negril over Ocho Rios.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montego Bay / Ocho Rios

I would start in Ocho and end in Montego so you're closer to the airport when it's time to go home. It is only 1.5-2 hours from Montego Bay to Ocho. I wouldn't pay for a helicopter either.

4. Re: Montego Bay / Ocho Rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 20, 2013