We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Any Questions? Full review to follow, but it was a great (last minute) choice with amazing service, pretty good beach and fantastic staff.

ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Glad you enjoyed your time there. Was sorry to read about the rain you encountered (sucks when you look forward to a vacation and the weather doesn't cooperate).

Just a few questions (for now).

What are the late night food options like, and where can you grab a snack at say 1:00 a.m.?

I've read a lot about warm rooms, and warm mini bars. Did you have that problem?

Do you happen to have the list of excursions available through your tour operator? I am trying to figure out how much it would cost to go on a group excursion vs. booking a private tour.

Finally, do you have an email address for the front desk? I had a specific question/request that I emailed and was told they would forward it to the front desk, but I never did get a response from them.

I'm looking forward to reading your review. Thanks for your help!

Edited: 11:08 am, October 07, 2012
Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Hey, I'll do my best to answer your questions:

I didn't stay up late enough to see it, but the buffet was apparently open all night (11pm to 7amish) with late night snacks (im not sure what exactly they had but i would image a good selection of food since the buffet always had a ton of food options). its the only place ive been that has food available 24hrs (the buffets and other restarants were all good times too so you were never without food).

rooms were definitely not warm - air conditioning only went down to 21.5 but that kept it pretty cool all night. it wasnt frigid like some places ive been, but was definitely a fine temperature. lobby was a nice cold airconditioned temperature all the time so a nice place to hang in the evening or day if you wanted to really cool down.

mini bar kept my drinks cold - but not frigid. when you open the fridge door it did seem warm, but the drinks were in fact cold so it was doing its job - drinks were refilled daily (even though sign says they refill every other day)

i dont have a list of excursions, but it was all teh usual stuff if youve been to jamaica before - off the top of my head i remember dunns river, negril, black river, martha brae, dolphins, horse back riding, etc. - prices all seemed pretty high $100+/- so private tour may be better if you have a number of people.

sorry, dont have an email address for them.

ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. The young adult men in our travelling group will be thrilled about 24 hour food!

I've been looking into YS Falls/Pelican Bar, and YS Falls/Black River. Prices quoted for 5 of us are $424 through Reggae Tours for the first option, and $385 through Uton Tours for the second option. Sounds like a private tour might be my best option.

I've read about a complimentary shopping shuttle to Rose Hall. Do you know how often this shuttle runs? Is the shopping located at the famous Rose Hall (where the white witch lived)?

Did you snorkle off the beach? I like to throw on a life jacket and float around when I snorkle. Do they have plenty of those to borrow?

Sorry to have so many questions! Thanks again.

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

I've done the YS Falls/Pelican Bar/Black River twice in the past and highly recommend it - its my favorite tour of all time.

The shuttle goes to Rose Hall Shoppes every hour on the hour between 9 and 5 leaving from the front lobby (comes back once an hour as well) - it is 5 minute drive down the street (across the street from the rose hall house).

I did snorkel once - there is some good snorkeling in front of the beach where there are some rocks (around where the orange floats are) - lots of fish tehre. they also have tours they will take you out to snorkel but that was (i think) 39$. yes, htey have lots of life jackets too.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

hi looking to book jamaica for 2013, whats weather like sept/oct time? few people said you get the odd shower each day lasting 10mins to an hour and few said its rained all day, what can we expect?

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

I went for the first two weeks of September this year and the weather was absolutely perfect! It rained once and even then it was just for an hour or so and then it was back to blue skies!

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

i went the last week of september/first week of october and unfortunately had a lot of rain and clouds. rained one full day (which ive never before seen in the caribbean - morning til night) and then was off and on clouds and sun after that. its a risk you take in booking at that time, i guess. i go every september and had never had it that bad before, had always been mainly sunny with the occasional shower.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

ohh well fingers crossed :-)

ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for posting. The beach party looks like fun. What night of the week was it on?

10. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, December 14, 2013