We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for out of the way condo

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for out of the way condo

I'm looking for a quiet out of the way condo in areas surrounding Montego bay. I'm not into all inclusives, night life or the bar scene. Looking for serene settings on the water if possible. Can anyone suggest a place or an area that fits that description?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for out of the way condo

Jamaica unlike Mexico has very few condos but is known more for it's private villas. Does that interest you? If so what is your budget and criteria?

Edited: 10:57 am, October 06, 2012
J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for out of the way condo

Maybe you can try apartments/condos on the water in Freeport, Montego Bay or villas further up in the Mobay hills. There are several condos on the hip strip and just on the hill above the strip and the town, however, anything near the main roads, town and hip strip can be unbearably noisy most times. Most structures are NOT noise proofed so you hear and feel the noise. I guess if you're looking for convenience without a car those are best. Noisewise, it can be traumatic if you actually like sleeping sometimes and quiet. (LOL).

There are condos in Ironshore (water view) near the shopping, though I'm not a fan of Ironshore. I wouldn't recommend going further up into the hills in Ironshore if you don't have a vehicle or transportation that's 100% dependable. Anchovy and Hanover are pretty quiet. Sea Castle is quiet. It has a semi-private beach, but note that the condition of all rental units are subject to the owner's care and taste.

Here is a site for rentals:

http://www.propertyadsja.com/index.asp

Edited: 9:09 am, October 07, 2012
Victoria,texas
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for out of the way condo

There is a place on top of the hill where you can see the whole view of Freeport and the cruise ships. This rest house located at Richmond Hill and it cost only US$25.00 per day/nite. For cab service you can contact Mr Carlton ( Black) at 1876 447-9762 or u can contact me for more information. My e-mail address is sherrygreubel@yahoo.com.

4. Re: Looking for out of the way condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, December 14, 2013