We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

Levittown...
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

I just returned from our family vacation from 8/21 - 8/28. I will be writing an extremely lengthy review (positive), but figured I'd offer to answer any questions people might have as I work on it. This place was amazing all around! Any questions let me know!

Blandford...
Level Contributor
33 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

is the water and ICE safe? The CDC has issued a warning for jamaca. I am hoping that it is OK in the resort. I intend to spend 7 days on the beach drinking lots of ICE cold drinks. I can't imagine spending the first three days in the bathroom instead.

Can't wait for you full review. Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
92. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

We are thinking about taking an impromtu trip to this hotel at the end of July and cannot wait to see your complete post. Were there acitiviates at the resort (parasailing, jet skis, deep sea fishing)? Was the hotel "clean"? We have a 13 and 14 year old boys....will they be entertained? How was the food? Drinks? Did vendors disturb you on the beach? Were there lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach?

Levittown...
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

The full review was posted last year, It can be found here tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d209…

I have never heard of any problems with the water in Jamaica. We had zero issues, although I would recommend bottled water for your room over drinking from the sink. They sold large bottles at the gift shop and we kept some in the room

We went kayaking and snorkeling all which is included. The catamaran boats were usually out of service due to wind issues. The full list of resort activities can be found here and they have partnered with an outside company for powered motor sports (at an additional cost)

www.caribbeanhi.com/jamaica/index.php…

The resort was clean in my opinion. Not sparkling, and they are always working on repairing areas. It shows its age a bit, but I wouldn't even consider calling it unclean. The entertainment was a little weak in my opinion, but I had very low expectations based on the fact that it was the cheapest resort available. Can't comment on teenagers, but my kids had a blast. there were kids clubs for my 7 year old and daycare for our 13 month old. They loved the time there, but not sure if there is a teen club. There are activities every day around the pool and at different locations around the resort.

The vendors can't really get to the resort as there are walls on the sides. There are a few that walk over through the water on like dunes, but they will try to get you to buy stuff, but will not actually come onto the resort grounds. They stay out in the ocean.

Food and drinks were average, maybe a little better than average. Again, don't et your expectations high when your staying on a caribbean island (never known for great food) and at the lowest priced resort. It was plenty good enough for me and my family. If the drinks are too weak, ask for more liquor. The beer (Red Stripe) is delicious! Take insulated mugs with you, that is the best advice I can give :)

Edited: 3:54 pm, July 09, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

At check in do they automatically charge your credit card a deposit fee? My friends are staying here and want to bring only a pre loaded visa. I know some hotels just take your card information and then use it if need be.

Levittown...
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

I don't recall honestly

College Station...
Level Contributor
67 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

Great Post!!! I was wondering 2 things that I did not see on here:

1- Do they have wine at this resort?

2- Any tips on getting an upgrade on rooms?

We are celebrating our 14 anniversary next month and it's our first time to the Island, so I want it to be special but not sure what room we have since we booked through a 3rd party and room will be given at check in....

Thanks in advance!

Levittown...
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

Adee I can't recall if they had wine as I am not a wine drinker. I am pretty sure they did though, but the selection I am sure was limited. As far as getting upgrades, I have no clue on that one. We had an ocean front room in building 4 I think. First floor (room stays cooler than higher floors). It was so close to the jerk hut which was amazing. There was a small beach in front of our building that nobody was ever at. I would stick with the basic rooms but go for ocean front. If there is no fridge in the room just ask and you should get one.

ontario,canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
98. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

I'm heading there in February and have a few questions, some may sound weird but important to me.

- do they have tomato juice at the bar

- can I get a mini fridge in my room

- they say you can pay $20.00 and get a lobster dinner...if I want to go to that restaurant and don't want lobster is there other items on the menu that don't cost extra

- are there lots of places in the shade or do you have to get up early and put your towel out

Thanks in advance for your response

Levittown...
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

I don't remember bout the tomato juice. No recollection of a lobster dinner either but we ate at all the restaurants so there must have been other food to eat. We never had any problems finding space with shade when we wanted to. We just asked for a mini fridge which was suppose to be in the rooms anyway and they brought us one by the end of the first day

Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
528 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
100. Re: Just Returned from Holiday Inn Sunspree, Questions??

yes you pay for the 'surf and turf' - lobster/steak but there is also the regular menu plus if you go to 'Kenco' the Japanese restaurant you have to pay the extra supplement no matter what you have