We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday inn susnspree june 21st

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
holiday inn susnspree june 21st

i'm going to be staying at the Sunspree with my family from June 21st for 2 weeks - this is my first trip to jamaica and can't wait. can anyone give me any tips on the best things to do especially as my children are 14 and 6 so will need to entertain them both!

also if anyone is going to be there at the same time it would be great to hear from you.

x

Massachusetts
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday inn susnspree june 21st

We just came back from the Holiday Inn. We had a great time, and as everyone says, you get what you pay for. I would not complain about the hotel, although I did find that being Priority Club was a great help, but I do have some things to forewarn you about. For example, your 14 year old may be a bit bored at times. the game room they advertise does not exist. They said that teenagers ruined it and they are renovating. Well, I did not see anywhere that they may be "renovating" it so be prepared for that. The miniature golf does exist, but they don't have enough golf balls for everyone and the course leaves a lot to be desired. We had fun with it though. The beach is not your average beach. The water is so shallow that you can't really "swim" in it. You sort of wade in it. There are quite a few fish to see. We brought our own snorkeling equipment and we were glad that we did. We did not bring water shoes and wished that we had. We ended up purchasing a pair for our 11 year old as he was a bit nervous about walking through the fish, crabs, sea stars, etc. I am making it sound like we were not happy with the place and I don't mean to do so. It is just that you need to be prepared for what it is like. The weather was terrific and the people were wonderful. I brought little gifts for the maid for each day and she loved them! We found that the reservation only restaurants were definitly the best. Not that the food is bad downstairs, but the servers are extremely friendly upstairs and that makes the whole experience more fun. Go with an open mind and you'll have a great time. We did a catamaran cruise that took us on a brief snorkeling trip and to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. That was fun. If you have any questions I'd be happy to respond. I'll be checking now and then. Melissa

uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday inn susnspree june 21st

many thanks for the info and advice reswim shoes and snorkelling gear! i'm a bit disappointed re the teenagers club - we all know there is nothing worse than a bored teeneager! hopegully there will be others for her to mingle with!

ripley wv
Level Contributor
35 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday inn susnspree june 21st

Just got back this morning from HI. 3 AM to be exact! We are tired but still revelling in our joyous trip! We loved the Sunspree. I was with a group - 7 people, 2 families, 3 children, males, ages 8,9 and 16. The 8 and 9 year old were easy to entertain. They LOVED the pool, shuffle board, golf, tennis and the beach, especially the "island". The kids food hut was fantastic. They would just go order up whatever they wanted- mostly ice cream and popcorn. We also took them shopping at the little shops across the street and felt safe in doing so. I went back once by myself and was not afraid to do so. The 16 yr old on our trip found plenty to do. He was in the ocean constantly, snorkeling and exploring. he also kayaked and took a scuba diving lesson. he had his IPOD so he was happy. he is also a cross country runner and ran around the property with no worries.

Audubon,NJ
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday inn susnspree june 21st

Hi Michaelan - A large group of us (9 families) from NJ will be at the HI arriving 6/23-6/25 for a week. Our group of 42 includes 25 kids from age 4-16. We are looking forward to a fun, relaxing week in the sun. Look us up ~ you can't miss us!!

uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday inn susnspree june 21st

wow - 42 of you - don't think i will be able to miss you! can't wait to get there - it's our 1st time in Jamaica and it's good to know there will be other kids the same age as mine! see you in a few days - yeahhhh!!!!

x