We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dhana Car Rental

West Wareham...
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dhana Car Rental

I saw on older thread with mixed reviews.

The rates look good.

The only thing that makes me nervous is that I read something in the old thread about the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) not covering the 1st $3500 in damage.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,116 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dhana Car Rental

You'd need to ask them directly about that, it should be in writing in any case.

Island has several different insurance plans including zero liability.

West Wareham...
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dhana Car Rental

Thank you. I e-mailed my questions to Dhana.

Their prices are great. and chances are nothing would happen. But, you never know. I am not comfortable with a potential $3500 deductible.

I looked at Island, with zero liability. It would cost about $300 + more for 10 days.

I guess $300 is better than $3500!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,116 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dhana Car Rental

There are other plans with more liability, like $1500, that cost less per day...

West Wareham...
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dhana Car Rental

ok. thanks.

I like 0 liability but it is not cheap!

Ypsilanti...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dhana Car Rental

Dhana is a place to be AVOIDED!

I've been doing business with Mr. Dhana during all my vacations to Jamaica since the late 80's, and I travel to Jamaica frequently. Over the last decade I've referred several freinds to Dhana Car Rental, but after my last trip I am discontinuing all business with Dhana.

After renting our car, we travelled about 20km/12 miles out of Montego Bay when a tire all of a sudden went flat. We knew that we were equipped with a spare tire, but the spare was completely flat as well. I called Mr. Dhana, who first blamed me for not checking that there was air in the spare (because apparently it's unreasonable to assume that a spare tire would be functional?) We had only driven 15 minutes out of town, but it took an hour and a half on the roadside and several phonecalls to Mr. Dhana before his worker arrived with the spare. He took one look at our flat and said that it was a bent rim that caused the seal to pop on the tire (no puncture). We were wanting to go visit a friend in Negril, but unfortunately the tire we were given as a spare also had a bent rim, the worker advised us not to go too far on that tire, and that we'd be getting a new tire in the morning to continue our vacation. Even though the first day of service was waisted by Dhana's negligence, we were still charged for that full day.

The next day, we got our new tire, which also had some kind of malfunction because we had to fill the tire up every day and by the next day it would still be nearly flat. I never heard anything else about the original tire until I returned the car, at which point Mr. Dhana tried to tell me that I had blown the original tire to pieces and that I owed him the price of a new tire. This was a blatant lie, and he was unable to produce said tire, or any record of it being damaged/repaired. We gave him 3 days to prove his claim, never heard back. I am disgusted that as a life-long customer, I was treated like neither my business, nor my safety was of any concern. I will be trying out Island or one of the other rental companies next time, maybe they can actually deliver the service that they advertise.

Orlando, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dhana Car Rental

The screwed us on our reservation. I called today when we are to arrive tomorrow, just to find out where they would be picking us up. They cannot find us in the computer and they have no cars left. I have a reservation and confirmation but they said it doesn't matter. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM. They do not care about you or your reservation!!!!

7. Re: Dhana Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014