We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach Resort - we'll be there in 5 days

Waupun, WI
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunset Beach Resort - we'll be there in 5 days

We are leaving in 5 days and I was just wondering if they have safes in the rooms at SSB, or if it is safe to leave your birth certificate, jewerly, etc. in the room when we are at the beach and bar.

Latrobe...
Level Contributor
367 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach Resort - we'll be there in 5 days

I'm so jealous! We go 11/25 and that seems like a lifetime.

There is a safe in the closet in the room (at least that's where it is in the tower rooms). At check-in they ask you if you want a lock for the safe. They then give you the lock and a key that has a key chain on it. We had no problem and left our birth certificates, airline tickets, jewlery, wallets, etc., in there (they are on the small side but we were able to cram a lot in). Of course we kept the key with us. When you check-out, you return the lock and key. I imagine that if you don't return it, they would charge you for it (sort of like the beach towels).

Have a wonderful time and be sure to post a trip report when you get back. Please report on the waterpark since many people here are really wondering about the progress.

san francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach Resort - we'll be there in 5 days

Trisnstein, Please do report on the progress on the waterpark!

We are due 3/26- 4-4. I got kids so I'm eager to see them happy! I hear mid March then first week of April.

have a geat time!

Thanks!

Magnolia, Arkansas
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach Resort - we'll be there in 5 days

Make sure that you keep track of your safe key. When we went to SSB in November, some idiot lost his safe key (his wedding rings were in the safe, and he was getting married the next day). Unfortunately, the management of the resort felt that it was appropriate to drill the safe ALL evening (while my children were trying to sleep in the room, right above the idiot's room). It reverperated throughout the whole tower!! This property definitely has some management problems (for the whole week that we were there, we had to worry about our 16 month old getting clobbered by the little twerps with skateboards that the management didn't have the @#%& with which to confront). Anyway, despite the problems that this property has, I hope you enjoy your stay in Jamaica.

Iowa
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach Resort - we'll be there in 5 days

We were just there in Jan. Safes are in the room. We left all valuables in there and had no problems. Keeping track of the key is the only bad part. They give you a key chain that fits your wrist so that helps. At check-in they will ask if you wish to have a safe and I think it is a $100 deposit which is refunded as you leave.