We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Did YOU stay in MoBay?????

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where Did YOU stay in MoBay?????

I know most of us have been to JA numerous times, but on your most recent trip, where did you stay?

My first trip I stayed at The Wexford Hotel on the hip strip. It was very accomodating for me and 2 other ladies. The rooms were dated but comfortable. Food was good at The Wexford Grill, especially breakfast.

HBGs, stranger things have happened!!! Lets see how we roll this time. Hope everyone is doing well.

Next trip was Beach View Apartments on the "strip" - loved it. Large, spacious, dated furniture, microwave, fridge, furnished + most of all felt very safe. Made this trip alone. Staff was excellent, friendly and helpful!!! This is my kinda place.

Southeast Michigan...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Where Did YOU stay in MoBay?????

First trip = Honeymoon, Ocho Rios, Royal Plantation (***** Sandals owned property). We were bumped from Royal Caribbean in MoBay, and I was bummed about the drive. It was a huge upgrade and we had a phenominal time at this relatively small, quaint, high level of service AI.

Second trip = Family trip, Negril, Beaches Sandy Bay. Hubby and I and 2 kids (1 & 11)AWESOME trip. Loved the small property. Fell in love with the 7 mile beach, the sunsets, the relaxed atmosphere of Negril, the pure sand, ahhhhh... Wish I could have afforded Negril this trip.

Next week = Trip 3. Family trip, Montego Bay, Holiday Inn Sunspree (Hubby, 2 kids (2 & 12 and my mom & his mom). Looking forward to it, and will be sure to write a candid review upon my return. I am going to JA. I can hear Bob now... I can close my eyes and feel and smell the salty warm air. Yeah Mon!

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Where Did YOU stay in MoBay?????

Hello backmancrops,

Your post was so simple but covered a lifetime of events that you managed to express so well.

I sincerely hope that this upcoming holiday will be as nice as the ones before.

Please do not allow anyone or anything to spoil it for you.

Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Where Did YOU stay in MoBay?????

I have stayed at the Montgo Bay Club several times. Great location, great price, but otherwise pretty awful. When are they going to renovate this place?

El Greco--gorgeous apartments--newer, clean, comfy!

Royal Decameron when it was Jack tar--Nice view, friendly, convenient. If only it had a better beach---we walked to Doctor's Cave each day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Where Did YOU stay in MoBay?????

Whoops how could I forget Toby's? Perfect place for a one or two night stay. The rooms are bright nad clean and the gardens, pools nad restaurants are lovely. Its a quick 3 block walk to Doctor's Cave Beach. For the price it can't be beat!

25. Re: Where Did YOU stay in MoBay?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, May 12, 2009