We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SSB- Umbrellas at the Pool?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SSB- Umbrellas at the Pool?

I have seen so many pictures of SSB and the waterpark but I don't ever seen any umbrellas around the pool area. Do they have any? How early do you need to get down there to get chairs? Do we have to go down early and leave our towels and chairs marked?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: SSB- Umbrellas at the Pool?

I don't beleive there are umbrellas at the pools - only a few on the beach and they were always grabbed early in the morning! Our group never had a problem getting chairs at the pools or on the beach. There were 10 of us and we always sent the guys to the beach about 10AM for chairs and we didn't have a problem getting a group together! We headed toward the ow rise inn building and made that headquarters for the sea, the pools and the waterpark. It worked out great! I hope you have as much funn as we did at SSB!! I wish I was going back with you!!!!

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SSB- Umbrellas at the Pool?

we were a large group also, but never had a problem getting chairs together or a palaypa at the beach.

sometimes we would leave our chairs marked if we went from the pool to the beach or vice versa, but we never had to go early to stake a spot....

have fun!

i LOVED it there...

Maryland
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SSB- Umbrellas at the Pool?

Thanks for the information.......I was afraid that when I didn't see them that they did not have them. Our travel agent even told us that they had them.

Can't take the sun all day........

Glad to hear that you don't have to get down there at the crack of dawn. Last year at Rose Hall you were hard pressed to get 4 chairs together by 6am!