We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaica in October?

Northwestern PA
3 posts
Save Topic
Jamaica in October?

Hi,

I'm wondering what the weather risk is for going to Jamaica in October. My fiance and I are getting married on October 21st, and we're planning a trip to Montego Bay for the honeymoon. Her parents are nervous about the risk of hurricanes. Are there any seasoned vets out there that can offer advice?

Thanks

huntington wv
Level Contributor
301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaica in October?

Im not a seasoned vet, but went Oct 17 for five nights last year, and although didnt get hit with a hurricane, we had 20hours of rain for 3 days straight with no sun. The water was cloudy and had no visibility and some of the towns were flooded. The price was great, but we will never go to the caribbean again during hurricane season.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaica in October?

It's a roll of the dice. We went one year in mid-October and had great weather and the very next week the island was flooded.

You could stay at one of the super-inclusives that include a "Weather/Hurricane" return trip. (SuperClubs offers this).

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaica in October?

We have traveled to Jamaica 5 times. Each time we have gone in October. We may have experienced 1 rain drop!

Great place in October.

Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jamaica in October?

My husband and I got married on 10/21/00. Congratulations. We have been going back to Jamaica every year in October since. We have not experienced one bad day in Jamaica. Good Luck with your wedding!!!

Northwestern PA
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jamaica in October?

Great info. Thanks everyone.