We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pelican bar

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield,uk
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
pelican bar

Hi.. does anyone have any info on Pelican Bar?

Was going to book tour and just wondered if anyone out there had been?

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pelican bar

Just came back a few weeks ago. Took a tour with TOTT. Did the black river, pelican bar, & dolphin excursion. Was a great tour! Saw crocs up close and personal. Visited the Pelican Bar & had a drink and some chips. Also got to see dolphins swimming beside us in the wild where they belong. Learned a lot about the treasure beach area and other things about Jamaica. Sienna & Soloman are wonderful, along with Uncle Barry. They really personalize the trip. Captain dennis was awesome too.

Anthony

sheffield,uk
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pelican bar

Thanks Mramstel,

to be honest ive never seen a dolphin in my life.. so im definatly going to book and do tour now!!To see dolphins swimming in the ocean would just be brilliant!!

We were going to do Dolphin Cove but i think it's a shame to see them cooped up..it seems a little cruel.

Who did you do tour with and how much was it?

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pelican bar

Hello Lou, no problem. If you give me your email, I will send you all of their information with pricing, email contacts etc.

Anthony

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,822 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pelican bar

Great trip combo with a start in Treasure Beach, fast fun boat ride along the coast nad hopefully the dolphins come play, then Pelican Bar, then up Black River to see crocs and the incredible views, then up high on theriver where you can swim and get a snack, then back to get picked up to go home.

www.talkofthetownnegril.com

sheffield,uk
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: pelican bar

Hi Mramstel,That would be great my email is homejamaica@yahoo.com

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pelican bar

Sent the info about 11:30am. Let me know if it does not get through to you.

Anthony

Chicago
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pelican bar

This sounds like an excellent tour. I don't know anything about it. Does it go out of Montego Bay? I'll be at Sandals MoBay, is this something I can do from there (I've never seen this tour on their list) or do I need to tour info and a taxi, etc. to get where I need to go. Thanks.

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pelican bar

lou just checked my email and my email to you did not go through. The messgae says you do not have a yahoo account. Another email address?

anthony

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
836 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: pelican bar

ComingFromChicago, you won't find the Pelican Bar on a Sandals tour list (or quite possibly any hotel tour list)....it's not a "packaged" tour as yet...although the day may come when it will be. It's sort of one of those little out of the way places that has been catching on word of mouth...I couldn't imagine tour buses handling it as it stands now, if the big companies do one day get in on the whole picture, the nature of the trip will change completely.

You can travel with independent drivers/companies who already know where the bar is and have trips going there on request (it may be just to the bar, or would include the Black River or YS Falls or Appleton Estate as they're all more or less in the same general area) or you can chat with a driver who works for the hotel you'll be staying at who could take you...as long as the driver knows how to get to Black River, which he will, and has some connections (or you give the connection) with someone with a boat, you can make it to the Pelican Bar.

sheffield,uk
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: pelican bar

Anthony,

I do have a yahoo address..its homejamaica@yahoo.co.uk

.....sorry about that...not sure of the time differance between us but i will keep checking for your email.

Thanks

Lou