We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

St. Louis
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

Has anyone used this guide for a Montego Bay tour?

Fort Lauderdale...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

If it is the Lindsay McFarlane that we think you might be talking about, he wears a dreadlocks hair style, I also have a business card with his e-mail address takecover2@msn.com , yes he's an awsome guy that I can recommend.

We went with him this year from Falmouth to Montego Bay and he was great. When you meet him you'll see what I'm talking about. He's one of the nicest person you'll ever meet. We plan to use him when we go back.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

Yeah, this is the same guy - he sent a pic of himself and he does have a great head of dreadlocked hair. I plan to do the same trip, Falmouth to Montego Bay. If you have time, send me a private email and tell me about your day in Montego Bay.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

Yes, I would like to know about your day in Montego Bay w/Lindsay as well. We are considering using him in March.

4. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, November 10, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

If you have time to tell me about Lindsay we are just about to book him for a tour to the Bird sanctuary in Mo Bay - see some sights around Mo Bay and to the hip strip for a couple of hours. I was referred to him and was told he was really nice. We are leaving tomorrow morning! So if you get this in time I will need to hear from you today before 3:30 p.m. Thanks!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

We just returned from our cruise to Jamaica and used Lindsay McFarlane. He is EXCELLENT!!!!!!! I highly recommend him. He was waiting for us when we disembarked from the ship. He will take you wherever you want to go. He is very knowledgeable of Jamaican history and just fun to be with. His van was clean with cold air! We initially wanted to go to Dunns River Falls but after seeing the long line of people waiting to go in, we decided we would like to go somewhere less crowded. He suggested Coyaba Gardens and what an excellent choice it was. He took us to Mahogany Beach which is absolutely beautiful and then we went shopping. Last but certainly not least, we went to Scotchies for an authentic Jamaican Jerk lunch. What an experience that was! We ate the best jerk chicken and pork I've ever tasted.

If you decide to use him, be sure to tell him Melissa sends her regards!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

We did book Lindsay McFarlane too he was absolutely wonderful! He picked us up at our hotel (Holiday Inn Sunspree) then went to pick up another family at Sunset Beach. We went to the Rockland Bird Sanctuary, then Lindsay took us out for homemade ice cream! Then we went to a 237 year old church, then up Richmond Hill and to the Hip Strip. Lindsay was VERY reasonably priced and so friendly and knowledgable. He even stopped on the side of the road and picked us a Jamaican apple (different from Canada) and showed us the insides of the acai fruit - told us alot about history and pointed out local flowers/trees/plants. He was so pleasant and a lot of fun. I agree his van was clean and the air conditioning worked great. He is a safe driver too. I highly recommend him. Tell him Janet and Doug say hi.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

I should add - if you would like to talk to Lindsay to get a quote or get ideas of tours or to book a trip, you can email him at takecover2@msn.com

Tampa, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

I just returned from Montego Bay after a 3-day visit. I was there for a conference, staying at the Hilton Resort, but I wanted to get some good photos while I was there. I contacted Lindsay McFarlane from SNL Tours after reading good reviews here. Lindsay picked me up at the airport in his comfortable van and he took me through the bustling city, local produce market, the historical St. James Parish Church (built in 1775), an amazing scenic overlook at the Richmond Hill Inn. We took a quick break at an authentic Jamaican bar for a cold Red Stripe then off to my hotel to check in. On the last day of my visit, I managed to sneak away from my conference around lunchtime. So I called Lindsay who agreed to take me into the mountains for some good photos. To say I was blown away is an understatement. We visited the small rural towns of Mt. Carey, Montpellar, Anchovy and many areas of Jamaica that most tourists never get to see. We capped the day off with authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken at "Scotchies" restaurant. We had an amazing day and I was thrilled with the photos I took while I was there.

You can see some of my photos here - https:/…5739381466520400977

Lindsay is very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about Jamaica and its history. His rates are very reasonable and if you want to see the REAL Jamaica, give him a try. Because my time was limited, I wasn't able to see some other areas that Lindsay recommended (Dunn's River Falls, etc.), but I plan to return to Jamaica and I will definitely use Lindsay again. You can email him at snljamaicantours@hotmail.com.

Atlanta, Georgia
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Guide Lindsay McFarlane

I had the privilege of him doing our airport transfers and excursions....excellent tour guide!

Like you said about the off the beaten path trips that you took with him Tim, He took us to Accompong Town, a Maroon village in the rural areas...That was awsome!!...we had a great time with him while we were there! Very confident, with my group, he was bombarded with a lot of questions....he never fails to answer one!

He makes a great ambassador for his country!

And those icy cold red strips that he greets you with at the airport is just phenomenal!!