We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southeast Michigan...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

My husband and I will be bringing out parents with us this trip, and would like to take a day trip to Negril - Possibly stop at Margaritaville then go over to Ricks for the sunset and cliff diving. We are looking for a good trip/driver and what the cost would be for: Transportation, lunch at Margaritaville and Dinner at Ricks. There will be 4 adults and 2 children.

Thanks for your help!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,848 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

Check with www.cheftours.5u.com

Chef is a great driver and guide.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

beckmancrops, when are you going?

Southeast Michigan...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

Our travel dates are 4/8 - 4/14 - staying at the HI Sunspree.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

Joseph Forsythe (876) 438-5044 Cell, (876) 952-5528. This guy is great, charges US$25 a person and stays with you all day. He's got a new air conditioned van and will take you where ever you want. Call him and he'll come to your resort and pick you up.

When you eat, buy him lunch or dinner too and don't forget to tip !

Mishicot,Wisconsin
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

Beckmancrops;We just returned from Jamaica,we stayed at Sunset Beach and we took a day trip to Negril.We booked it through our apple rep. at the hotel.Apple is the vacation package we traveled through.They had a package pretty much what you would like.They picked us up at our hotel and took us to Margaritaville,let us spend a few hours there,then at 4:00 we loaded up the bus and they took us into Negril for a half hour of shopping and then over to Rick's Cafe to watch the people jump of the cliff.Then we watched the sun set from there loaded the bus and went back to Montego Bay.Got back alittle after 9:00.The trip cost $35 a person.Check with your vacation rep. or see the Apple rep. at your hotel,I'm sure he would set you up with a tour.

6. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:05 pm, April 05, 2006
Vermont
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

oops! the prices usually do not include the meal at Rick's as this can be quite expensive. Can I recommend just a drink there at sunset and then go to a local place for dinner? You can definitely get a better meal for the money. Rick's tends to be overpriced, at least that is my opinion. I have had meals there but am always somewhat shocked at the bill.

St. Louis MO
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

We just got back from our 6th trip to Mo Bay. On our 1st visit we met a cab driver and we call him everytime we go. His name is Hans (876)337-4875 He will take you where ever you want to go. If you do not know where to go, he will give you some ideas. We took a ride into the hills and had fresh oranges from a roadside vendor. He will take you for local food if you want to try some. He also took us to raging river fresh water spring that was very nice. It was also neat talking to some of the people that live around the spring. We like to see some of the REAL Jamaica and not just the commercial side.

We like going with a private driver, the big tours are not as personal.

If you see Hans tell him Moose and Stoehner sent you.

St. Louis MO
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

We just got back from our 6th trip to Mo Bay. On our 1st visit we met a cab driver and we call him everytime we go. His name is Hans (876)337-4875 He will take you where ever you want to go. If you do not know where to go, he will give you some ideas. We took a ride into the hills and had fresh oranges from a roadside vendor. He will take you for local food if you want to try some. He also took us to raging river fresh water spring that was very nice. It was also neat talking to some of the people that live around the spring. We like to see some of the REAL Jamaica and not just the commercial side.

We like going with a private driver, the big tours are not as personal.

If you see Hans tell him Moose and Stoehner sent you.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendation for day trip to Negril from MoBay

I use Kevin @ 876-399-7656. An EXCELLENT and safe driver. Enjoy.