We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

Illinois
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

For those that have purchased this package,,, which hotel did you get sent to?

Thanks

Irie!

United States
Level Contributor
12,629 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

You will probably be going to the RIU Clubhotel Negril. There is a rumor, which has not been confirmed and may be false, that during the last year two or three parties went to other resorts under this very popular program.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

Not to correct you vinnie, but I am sure you read the question incorrectly. The 5 Apple deal Jamaica will end up at Riu Ocho Rios and occasionally at Riu Montego Bay. The Negril 5 square deal goes to the Riu Clubhotel Negril ( once due to overbooking someone came on here and say they were upgraded to the Riu Tropical Palace Negril for the 5 apple Negril deal).

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
United States
Level Contributor
12,629 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

You are correct, I did not see,somehow, that it was the Jamaica Square Deal and not the Negril Square Deal.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
La Crosse, Wisconsin
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

Hi, we booked the 5 apple square deal -jamaica and ended up at the Riu Ocho Rios.We stayed there Jan 5-12, 2012. If you read the recent reviews they are pretty accurate. We had great service, got our room right away, had plenty of hot water. The food is a personal issue I feel. We have stayed at many other resorts and but I do feel the food at the buffets could be improved. The asian resturante food and service was bad but the others were very good. We did talk to other people who had touble getting towels, wash cloths, rooms that did'nt get made up till. There didn't seem to be consistant service or food quality so I believe that this particular Riu is over rated.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

We also ended up at RIU on Ocho Rios. For the price we paid, I thought it was a great value and we really enjoyed it. We normally stay at 6 apples, but you just have to keep in mind that you get what you pay for. We had every bit as much fun here as we did at other resorts. We had really decent service in restaurants and swim-up bar. Beach service was not great and it wasn't great at the nightly shows either, but that doesn't bother me because it only takes a minute to get up and walk to a bar. The food was just ok for me. The location is beautiful and we had a great view of the ocean from our balcony. I would go back.

Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
St. Louie MO
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

just wondering where i may end up june 20 with the 5 apple square deal jamaica. I know i am flying into montego bay.. we are only staying 3 nights. Any thoughts???

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

@Tim you will be at RIU Ocho Rios.

St. Louie MO
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

i know i will be happy anywhere, it is only for 3 days. Any suggestions for things to do/not do?

Spring Lake, MI
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

We are booked for the 5 apple deal in Feb 2013, it sounds like we will probably end up at a RIU property. Has anyone been placed anywhere else? We love RIU so if we end up there we are fine wih that.

Spring Lake, MI
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal - Jamaica

Where did you end up staying?