We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

Halifax
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could let me know how good or bad Sandals montego bay is. We are thinking about going there in April. If anyone had the coice to stay at ANY Sandals resort they wanted to in JAMAICA, which one would you choose?? We want to snorkel, party, lay on the beach, and everything else that we could sqeeze in seven days!!! Thanks!!

nottingham,england
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

Hi,

my wife and i went to sandals montego bay a couple of years ago, excellent! there is a frequent free shuttle bus to all the other sandals hotels, all in all we felt montego bay was the best.

If you like relaxing, eating, drinking and water sports youll love it. But as for partying forget it. you will also find the hotel has about 80% americans, so if if you like plenty of whooping it.

Montego Bay itself was very disappointing, we got a taxi in about 6pm one evening, we seemed to be the only tourists there, and were constantly hassled, it was very uncomfortable, we were actually hustled by 2 men, the taxi driver spotted us and saw them off.

Check in and check out fantastic, your bags are collected at your room door, you actually check out at the hotel given your boarding cards, and you do not see your suitcases till you arrive back in the UK. if you need any further info, no problem.

Dunnes Falls(i think its called) it is brilliant

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

This is my review from last years trip. We are going back again in three weeks. Can't wait. Any questions e-mail me at mramstel@optonline.net My wife and I just spent eight glorious, relaxing days at Sandals MoBay. It was our fourth time back and as usual we hated to leave. I'm already checking next years calendar to make plans for another return trip. People ask me what we did on vacation and I tell them I relaxed on a beautiful beach, took nice walks on the beach and around the beautiful resort, went snorkeling, ate plenty, enjoyed the nightly entertainment, and had a few drinks. My wife relaxed on the beach, relaxed on the beach, and then relaxed on the beach some more. She also enjoyed the B52's that were recommended by one of the water sport fellas. There is so much to do, but we enjoy taking it easy and relaxing. The saying here is "no worries", "no problem" and the workers treat you just that way. No matter what, they are always trying to make you feel great. Nothing is a bother to them. You want a different drink because you didn't like the taste of the one just made for you, "no problem", another is made for you. You want to sit closer to the side of the terrace overlooking the Caribbean, "no problem" they will move a table over there for you. I think you get my point. The people there are great. Rooms are always clean and the weather is beautiful. We like to stay in the Palms because of its proximity to the beach and it's central location to everything at the resort. As I've said before, everyone that we come into contact with at the resort is always kind and genuine to us, however, a few guys there go above and beyond for us and make us feel like we are the only two people there. I'm sure others also feel the same way. Lionel and Curtis are great and we look forward to seeing them again next year. They always came over to make sure all was "good" and are always striving to make everything perfect. Super people. And finally, the cream of the crop, my man Giche. He is the best of the best. Attention to detail at the finest. We consider him a friend and if you do decide to visit Sandals Montego Bay, ask for Giche at the Bayside Terrace for breakfast and dinner. Tell him Anthony and Nanette say hello. All things being equal, it is the people at Sandals Montego Bay that keep you coming back.

Elizabeth City...
Level Contributor
728 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

Hi Jaclyn & Jason: We have stayed at SDR and love this property. Each night was a party of some sort. We went to a toga party one night and another night was a party on the beach. There was something going on all the time. It was 20s, 30 & 40s group. I definitely do not like SOR. There is the water falls to climb, OR to visit and glistering waters for a night out. I have not been to SMB so I can't give you any advise on that property. Just remember, if you want to go to OR or the falls from Mo Bay, it's a 2+ hour ride.

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

We have known people who have been to both Sandals Ocho Rios and Sandals MoBay and prefer Mo Bay. OR is very nice they said, however, they liked the environment at MB better. They also said the staff were more pleasant. Also keep in mind that to get to OR you have to drive about two hours on unpaved highway from the airport which cuts into your time at the resort. MB is literally ten minutes away which gives you more time to enjoy. We fly Air Jamaica from NY on the 8am flight and we are on the beach by 2pm. When we leave we take the 6:10pm and because we get our boarding passes at the hotel we get to stay on the beach to around 4:30. It extends the vacation a bit longer.

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

we stayed at Sandals Inn last summer but used ALL the facilities at Sandals Mo Bay. Booked again for the Inn this summer as it is so much cheaper (& you can use all other facilities easily enough). As we are from England, the flights are pricey & we always go for 2 weeks so Mo Bay was out of our price range. We both agreed, though, that if we could have stayed ay any of the 3, it would've been Sandals MoBay without a doubt. Have fun - sure you will.

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

Replied earlier saying it was great but we had re-booked for Sandals Inn as it was cheaper, however, as I said, I would stay at Sandals MoBay any day. My husband has just announced that he'd suprised me & booked MoBay. I couldn't be happier! Wasn't going to tell me til we got there though. Now I have 6 months to get excited.

CHEEKTOWAGA
Level Contributor
242 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

jaclyn&jason, we'll be going back to mobay for our 13th trip in feb we love it there. as for squeezing things in to do. the sun and beach is great!!! have a good trip

Granger, Indiana
Level Contributor
142 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

I have been to them all and SMB and SDR are my favorites. SDR is slightly more upscale but still really fun. SMB is not as nice of a property but is the most fun by far. It's all about you, if you want to party, but love the ritz, smb. If you just want to relax and really hate stuffy people at all costs SMB. either way, both are killer places to go.

Aaron

CHEEKTOWAGA
Level Contributor
242 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

mramstel. you have said 3 of the best waiters there. giche is great. this year we might go to his place for a bar-b que.curtis is the cucina man. anything you need you get. lionel is a real worker. takes care of everybody mabey we'll see you there!!

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How is Sandals Montego Bay??? Good Place??

Hi Tsche...My name is Anthony and absolutely A#1 on Giche, Curtis and Lionel. Lionel is like a younger version of Giche. People who haven't experienced these types of guys taking care of you for your vacation don't know what they are missing. i look as forward to seeing them as i do the sun and beach. That's why I try to tell people there are plenty of places to go for sun and great beach areas, but so far I have not found a place that takes care of me and my wife the way these folks do. Thats what keeps me going back. In what part of the resort do you usually stay in? Here is my e-mail if you want to send me a picture so i will recognize you when we arrive. Maybe we can have a drink together. On me of course...

Take care.