We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive vs. non-inclusive

Mississippi
1 post
Save Topic
All-inclusive vs. non-inclusive

Last minute trip: I am going to try to convince my friends to stay at Breezes MoBay instead of this other cheaper place which is back towards the airport, not close to the beach, and too away from the Hip Strip imho. MoBay is $378 a night right now, and the other joint is $109. We are going to party (staying 7 nights), and I think it would be worth it to stay at an all-inclusive place where we can be on the beach, have meals and drinks, and be in the middle of the entertainment.

My pals are trying to save money, but I think once we pay for meals, drinks, and transportation to the beaches and hip stip it would cost almost as much as staying at an all-inclusive. Am I right? Honestly I don't really want to go unless we are going to stay at a nice place on the beach, so let me know what you guys think before I take this idea to them tomorrow. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hip Strip
Hip Strip
717 Reviews
Jamaica
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive vs. non-inclusive

First of all having driven in Mo Bay and Jamaica, I can safely safe it ain't easy. I have driven all over the Caribbean and UK and thought the drivers in Jamaica were mad. Those white taxis that locals use for transport are driven by lunatics. Haa...

Spend more and stay in a reputable place closer to the hip strip. We had one night at El Greco which was not great but close to all. Also Gloucestershire Hotel is close to all but I cannot recommend it.

If you do not drive which I DO NOT recommend after a few drinks then stay close to the hip strip. Otherwise taxis are the way to go and with a group it won't be too bad.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
El Greco Resort
El Greco Resort
540 Reviews
Jamaica
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive vs. non-inclusive

First of all having driven in Mo Bay and Jamaica, I can safely safe it ain't easy. I have driven all over the Caribbean and UK and thought the drivers in Jamaica were mad. Those white taxis that locals use for transport are driven by lunatics. Haa...

Spend more and stay in a reputable place closer to the hip strip. We had one night at El Greco which was not great but close to all. Also Gloucestershire Hotel is close to all but I cannot recommend it.

If you do not drive which I DO NOT recommend after a few drinks then stay close to the hip strip. Otherwise taxis are the way to go and with a group it won't be too bad.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
El Greco Resort
El Greco Resort
540 Reviews
Jamaica