We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is mo bay safe?

Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is mo bay safe?

After readin about safty issues of MO BAY, now I feel I am making a mistake to get off our cruise ship at MO BAY. We had thought about getting a private tour to take us to May Field Falls. Is this dangerous, are the roads dangerous getting there? I am debating to just stay on the ship. If we go to the Falls is there anything else to see in the area?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is mo bay safe?

Is Mobay safe?Well there are a few things that should be made clear.When ever I hear someone say they were in Jamaica and they hated it, 90% of the time they were on a cruise.When a ship comes into harbour the Jamaicans know that they have only so much time to sell their wares and they can get pretty agressive.Are you girls traveling or are there men with you.The Jamaicans love women and seem to gravitate toward them first.A firm "no thankyou" followed by "respect mon"and don't look toward them and DO NOT HOLD their wares if you do not want them.If you get in that situation just put it on the ground and walk away.Be pleasant and not rude.Stay with a croud and don't go where you wouldn't at home.I have never had a problem and I have been there many times.Mayfield Falls are very nice and you can get a taxi but confirm the price BEFORE you get in and pay when you get back to your destination.Buy the driver a drink or so when you get one and four people should be no more than $100.00 for a full trip.There is a charge to see the falls[$15 I think ]It is not dangerous,just be street smart.Go and enjoy MoBay.It is one of my favorite places,the city that never sleeps.Take a horse and buggy ride through town. Barry.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Mayfield Falls
Mayfield Falls
1,083 Reviews
Jamaica
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is mo bay safe?

Where did you read about any "safety issues" in MoBay???

The only mistake you could make, would be to allow fear of unfounded rumour get in your way of discovering just how incredible Jamaica is.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is mo bay safe?

Dear barrylee, Thank you for your words of wisdom. We will certainly take your advice.