We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back!

Philadelphia, Pa.
9 posts
Save Topic
Just got back!

Just got back from Jamaica and boy was it wonderful, great and fantastic. Stayed for the first time in a Villa and the experience was ALL THAT. There's more to Montego Bay than the big all-inclusive hotels where everthing is so impersonal. But nevertheless the sun, sand. water, food, and especially the people made for a great vacation. So, get out there and show some love and respect.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Montreal
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back!

So glad you had a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing such positive thoughts. Now you will be hooked to Jamaica forever! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Philadelphia, Pa.
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back!

Please rest assured that we plan to spent at two-three weeks in Jamacia for the next couple of winters where the sun shines bright, snow is an after-thought and the smiles are all day long.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
New Jersey
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back!

What villa did you stay? I am planning a trip to Jamaica and was interested in staying at a villa...i saw a few villas at Silver Sands...just outside of Mobay...Go Eagles!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Portsmouth, NH
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back!

I have never been to Jamaica and booked a trip in March. I'm staying at Sunset in the Palms (all inclusive). I recently stumbled across an intriging place in Negril! www.kuyaba.com/accommodation. it appears to be very nice and really not that expensive! check it out

PATS RULE!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back!

Thanks for the positive feed. I booked my first trip to MoBay in May. Staying downtown on the hip strip. I'm ready to go and ready for some fun in the sun! Glad to hear you had a great time. I can't wait!

Jamaica, WI
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back!

Glad we converted you Akanji. Thnx for sharin. Now everybody will want to come to JA.

Irie :)

Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
631 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back!

YIKES ... I'll be returning to Jamaica in May and your update puts me in the mood right now. In my mind, I'm already there. The sun is about to set and I'm on the beach watching it.

No watch, no shoes, just the sounds of the sea. Some say the sunsets are better in Negril but for me, it's better while on vacation in Jamaica.

For a brief moment I was in Jamaica already.

THank you AKANJI for that moment.

Candy In Dallas

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Elizabeth City...
Level Contributor
734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back!

Glad to hear that your trip was wonderful. I have rented a villa in the Silver Sands community for June. What villa did you stay in? Did you have a full staff? Did you purchase groceries for your meals and how much did you allow for this cost? I would love to hear all about your rental!

V

New Jersey
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back!

I am thinking about renting a villa in Silver Sands also...have you been there before? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. We will be taking our kids 13, 10.