We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlyle/Sandals

Tampa
3 posts
Save Topic
Carlyle/Sandals

Just returned from the Carlyle by Sandals 5 minutes from Montego Bay. My wife and I were tired of the freternity house atmosphere that the other resorts give (basically drinking contests and no relaxation). We have stayed at the larger resrots hwoever decided to stay at a smaller one this time. It was night and day. The employees at The Carlyle are very nice and want to make sure your stay is as comofrtable as possible. I felt like at the larger resorts I was just a number. I had th eopportunity to meet the General Manager at the place and her name is Ms. Brown. In meeting her withing a few minutes you understand why the resort is ran so well. A very classy person whith years of experience in the serivce inudustry. The way I look at it is that if the ship is running good is because the Captain is doing an excellent job. So Ms. Brown if you are reading this Kudos to you.

Also, if you decide to get Butler Service. Ask for Danesha she is the best.. She goes over and beyond. We had a fantastic time. We went to the larger resorts since we were allowed to since we had Sandals cards. We went on hte doon buggies (a must) and went on the Marth Brae Bamboo boat rid. (another must). We will be back in less than a year and will be staying at teh Carlyle again

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

Glad to hear you enjoyed! SCI is unlike any other Sandals, which is a very nice thing...... :)

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

Happy to hear you had such a great time. We're headed to that hotel in two weeks. I'm really looking forward to it.

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

Cheryl Brown from the Inn has resigned effective tomorrow.

The new Gm is Lance Parrish.

Tampa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

Thhat is sad to hear that Cheryl Brown is leaving. I hope when we go back we get the same type of service that we got when she was running it. You will probably be meeting me sometime in April. I wiill look forward in meeting you.

Tampa
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

To Jtthjones in Georgia

Do not be fooled by the size of Sandals Carlyle since it is smaller than the others. When my wife and I first got there we were a little hesitant however after you stay there a day you know why this one is the best choice. Like I said before we stayed at the big one "Ocho Rios Grand" and it was not personal at all. Anyway, if oyu want to visit the others ones it only takes a 10 minute bus drive on the Sandals Bus. It took us that long to get from one side of Ocho Rios Grand to the other. If you are at one sandals you are allowed at all of them. I look at it this way. If you are a young kid that wants to party like a college party go to Montego Bay (Mobay) however if you are like my wife and I that have stressful jobs and want to relax and forget about the real world for a while than Carlyle is the best. The Butler Service is worth it. Ask for Danesha to be your Butler. She is great.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
136 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

Cheryl Brown was a wonderful manager. Wish her the best of luck.

The Inn is a great place to stay.

Ontario
Level Contributor
285 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

Does anyone know where Cheryl Brown went to?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

When I spoke with her in June, she planned to take some time for herself and had no other immediate plans. I hope she is enjoying her time. She indeed is a very special lady!

9. Re: Carlyle/Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, October 06, 2012