We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

Hi, we have booked a trip to SMB for November (our 10th anniversary)..we stayed at SSB last November and loved it, but now are traveling w/o the kids!

I have a bunch of ?'s:

1. What is the Sandal's lounge at the airport?

2. We are trying to take a vacation most ecomonically so we only have a deluxe room...is it really that bad? Should we upgrade? At SSB, we were ocean front, but this is a little more $ so we didn't upgrade.

3. Is it difficult to reserve dinners at the restaurants when you check in? Is there usually alot of availabilty? We're only going for 5 nights.

4. Any suggestions for a newly remodeled/refurbished building?

5. Are towels provided for the beach/pools?

Whew..that's it for now...I have searched the forums for these specific answers and didn't find them, so I appeciate any advice we get.

thanks

Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

I haven't styaed there but Beaches so I'll answer as best as I can

1. Just a small room that has nice clean restrooms , soda fountain and red stripe on tap . It's right next to the door where the buses pick you up. I was only there 5 minutes before we got on the bus.

2. Deluxe is fine , nothing fancy but works fine for most. Sometimes if the resort isn't full you can ask nicely about a free room upgrade when you arrive.

3. The resturant thing is a bit weird. Don't remember if it was the day of or day before that you make them in the am at guest services.

4. I have no idea

5. Beach towels are ina huge bin by the pool normally. I had no issues retrieving them.

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

Hello Beachgirl,

1. Sandal's lounge is located around the corner from the little hallway that you walk into as you get out of customs. There are always people there to assist you as to where to go, so just ask. After exiting customs walk down the short hallway to the end and turn left. The Sanda'ls lounge is on your left hand side. Here you will check in with the Sandal's rep and they will put colored stickers on your luggage and if your shuttle is not ready yet, they will tell you to go inside the lounge and here you can relax, go to the bathroom, have something cold to drink, etc. They will let you know when your shuttle is ready to leave. Being "anal" as I am, I'm constantly checking to make sure they don't forget me. I really don't start relaxing until I'm at the resort, but the lounge is nice.

2. I've been here five times and love the resort, however, I would never recommend anyone staying in the deluxe category. It is right above the restaurants and have no balconies. If you can possibly spend a few more dollars, I'd definitely upgrade to at least the premium room category. Premiums would put you into a very nice room with a nice patio surrounded by beautiful walks and gardens. This area is called Seagrapes. The rooms are the same as the Palms block except they are a little further down the resort and set back from the beach. They are closer to the piano bar and swim up bar which is a good thing and could be a bad thing. If you are one of the late night piano bar visitors, then the noise won't bother you, however, if you like to go to bed early, I've been told that in some cases you can hear the late night "entertainment".

3. There are only two restaurants that you need to make reservationa at, Tokyo Joe's & Cucina Romana. When you first get to the resort, go to the reservations desk put your name in. Even if you don't have your room assignment yet, give them your name and tell them you will give them your room number asap. You may not get the exact time you would like, but so what. You're on vacation and there is nothing to rush to. If you have to take a later reservation it gives you more time to hang on the beach, relax in a hot tub, etc.

4. Not exactly sure i understand #4. The Almonds block was refurbished a few years ago, but, they are more expensive then what I think you are looking to pay.

5. Yes, towels are provided for you at the beach. If I remember correctly you need to get your towels at the beach also for the pools.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, ask away.

Anthony

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

My wife and I just returned from MoBay. We stayed at the Half Moon (a few miles east of Sandals Mobay), but we went to Sandals to catch a catamaran/snorkeling tour (great tour by the way, which stops at Margaritaville). When we arrived at Sandals, we were shocked at the extremely loud noise of jets departing overhead. During the 10-15 minutes we were there, at least 3 departed. I could not believe how loud they were on the rear patio. Guests there were, literally, "flipping the bird" at the overflying jets. I've lived on air force bases all my life, and I am not even close to being noise sensitive, but I could not believe it. I would never stay at Sandals Mobay for this reason.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

We just got back from MoBay Sandals as well and we had NO problems with the planes flying over. We were there with a party of eight and the noises bothered nobody. It kinda added alittle something different. My parents had a deluxe room and were fine with it, only because your really not in the room much. They did say a few nights they couldn't get to sleep cause of the noise from the shows at the ampatheater. We had a grandlux beachfront and would get this room again in a heartbeat. The location was the best. We were centrally located to everything and very clean nice rooms.

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

Granluxe beachfront is where we always stay too. I love being able to literally walk right out onto the beautiful beach & yes it is centrally located so you are close to everything at either end of the resort. And we also are not bothered in the least by the airplanes because in the context of staying there, there are so many positives, the planes are no bother.

Anthony

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

Thanks everyone for the info...

While we can't afford a Granluxe oceanfront, we were able to upgrade to the next level (one above the basic "deluxe" room) that has a balcony for only $16 per night! Just want to make sure all of the rooms that are not deluxe have a balcony/patio?

Long Island
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some specific ?'s about Sandals Mo Bay

Hi beachgirl, it sounds like you upgraded to the premium room. The premiums are on the first floor of the seagrapes block. They all have patios. In order to get a balcony with a better view, you would need to get a luxury category room which is on the second and third floors of the seagrapes block. When you arrive at the resort, upon check in, kindly ask if they have any rooms available on the second or third floor and maybe they will give you a free upgrade. It can't hurt to ask. Either way, you are at a very nice resort with a beautiful beach and some wonderful people. Plus you are in Jamaica, so don't worry about the room category. I'm sure you will have a great time.

"Premiums would put you into a very nice room with a nice patio surrounded by beautiful walks and gardens. This area is called Seagrapes. The rooms are the same as the Palms block except they are a little further down the resort and set back from the beach". Any other questions, just ask.

Anthony