We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things for older teenagers to do

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
3 posts
Save Topic
Things for older teenagers to do

WE have 3 teenagers coming with us 16,18,20

What is ther for them to do?

Also, are there people selling things right on the beach? Like sandals, shorts etc.

10 more days!!!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
753 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

Hi I myself was 19 when we went to Jamaica last year. I would recommend you guys do some excursions to keep them busy. I think they will really enjoy the Dunns River Falls trip it was awsum. There is lots of excursions to do though we also went to the South coast to YS falls and on a crocodile cruise which was really cool. The resorts usually host locals a few nights of the week to come and set up there stuff to sell. Just remember to barter!! Never pay the asking price on ANYTHING that you buy from a local even in stores outside the resort. I would say it's safe to offer them 1/2 what they are asking then work from there. But your teens will have lots of fun on the beach and getting involved in the watersports(paddle boats, kyaks, hobbie cats, snorkle) Anymore questions just ask!!

Chicago,Illinois
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

Hi Highbeam,

I'm not sure if you're even still checking this forum, but I was wondering what you ended up doing with your teens - what worked and what didn't. We're going on a cruise in a couple of weeks with a day in Montego Bay with our 3 (17,20,23) and would like some advice. Dunn River Falls is too far. Any other falls closer? Nice beach?

Chicago,Illinois
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

Hi Highbeam,

I'm not sure if you're even still checking this forum, but I was wondering what you ended up doing with your teens - what worked and what didn't. We're going on a cruise in a couple of weeks with a day in Montego Bay with our 3 (17,20,23) and would like some advice. Dunn River Falls is too far. Any other falls closer? Nice beach?

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

I am also looking for ideas for my son who we will be taking next year, he will be almost 17.

We are staying at SSB, and from what I remember, there were a fair number of teenagers there....

Thanks !

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

SSB is a great place for teens. They have the XBox arcade, water park, snorkeling right off the beach, pool (billiards) in the English Pub area.

Enjoy!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,211 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

For the past several years we've been been in Negril with teenagers/young adults ranging in age from 15-23.

Believe you me, they do not get bored.

For example - my goddaughter met us down there last year. We had some activities planned - a Wild Thing snorkeling/horseback riding trip, we went to my favorite secret/undeveloped/special beach, we went out to reggae shows at night...you know what her favorite activity was when all was said and done?

Hanging in the yard, swimming in the sea out of the caves that are on our property.

We took her to a nice variety of restaurants as well as cooked in.

Her favorite meal - my buddy's cook shack on the corner across the street from our house.

Now, maybe I just have a low-maintenance teenager here but all the kids that we've been in Jamaica with just enjoy the simple things...sunning, swimming, snorkeling - eating jerk chicken from stands ont he street, walking and talking with people. They like to party well enough, did spend some time at the jungle but loved hanging with the posse, playing music, bar hopping...

The whole gang of kids are coming down again for the holidaze and will be spending New Years with us as well. It's going to be a blast!

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

Can someone tell me what hotel is the SSB?! It's suppose to be good for teens.

We are considering staying at the Sunspree Holiday Inn in Montego Bay at New Years. Anyone stay there with a 16 yr old?

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

SSB=Sunset Beach Hotel in Monteo Bay. I'm taking three high school kids there in Feb.

9. Re: Things for older teenagers to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 22, 2009