We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach/Excursions

Iowa
12 posts
Save Topic
Sunset Beach/Excursions

My husband and I will be staying at SUnset Beach on Feb 26-Mar 2nd... I noticed they only have motorized water sports. Does anyone have info about excursions and where the nearest waverunner/jet ski rentals are? Sunset beach has never responded to my email inquiry. Thanks so much fellow travelers.. :)

Iowa
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach/Excursions

Bump :)

Solihull, West Mids
Level Contributor
845 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach/Excursions

Mrsmelton - SSB only have non motorised water sports due to the "coral reef" that is situated just off the beach area. The snorkelling is really good off the beach area. Am sure you will be able to get Jet Skis from Montego Bay but not sure exactly where. SSB is a great resort we loved it there.

Mentioned in this post
Reading...
Level Contributor
216 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach/Excursions

Yes, smilerdownes is right. The reef at SSB is a protected National Park so no motorized water sports are allowed. To rent jet skis, we spent a day in Negril on the beach at Margaritaville. There are tons of places right on the breach that are just dying to rent you jet skis. I rented 3 at on time and it ran a bit over $100 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy your trip. We will be back to SSB for the 10th time on February 15.

Mark

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Iowa
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach/Excursions

Thanks for the responses! I mis wrote my post, I know they only have non motorized at SSB.

Thanks for you help...

2nd Question-

I was wondering if the passports are required to return to the US, this year or was it moved to 2007? Anyone? Thanks again.

Iowa
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Beach/Excursions

I went to the Federal website and read from the travel website that the new passports are not required until Dec. 31, 2006. Hope this helps someone else who may have been wondering. Thanks