We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear.

Hi everyone. We are going to riu montego bay in December for first time and I just wondered what to wear in the evening as to how casual or dressy it is.

We usually go to goa which is very very casual so I don't want to get it wrong!

Thanks ;-)

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear.

Jamaica is pretty casual. I have not stayed at RIU but have stayed other places in Jamaica and its pretty low key. Even COUPLES resorts that I have stayed at is pretty casual, except the one resturant in which you are to dress in long pants, and closed toed shoes if you are a man. Im sure RIU has one resturant that requires "dress" most do.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,983 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear.

Hi

The dress codes rules are detailed on their website - see link below:

riu.com/en-uk/…seccion

Kincardine
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear.

Hi uglybird - When will you be there? My husband and I are travelling to the RIU on December 1st. Can't wait!!!

Kincardine
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear.

Hi uglybird - When will you be there? My husband and I are travelling to the RIU on December 1st. Can't wait!!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear.

Hi

We are going on 5th December from manchester. First time. We can't wait. Love escaping the weather here at this time of year. Only 45 more days. X

Glasgow
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear.

Thank you for that. X

Glasgow
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to wear.

Thank you marylynn and flip flop man, that's good to know. Just want to chill out so casual works for me. X

Edited: 6:53 pm, October 21, 2010
Glasgow
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to wear.

Thank you marylynn and flip flop man, that's good to know. Just want to chill out so casual works for me. X

Edited: 6:55 pm, October 21, 2010
NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to wear.

Hi uglybird,

We were at the Riu in Punta Cana, hubby was not allowed to the buffet restaurant because he had shorts on had to run up to the room and put on slacks. We were told that the men are required to wear long pants and collared shirts to certain restaurants. For the ladies summer dresses, capri pants are ok.

this is what they have on their website - "Formal dress is required for dinner (main restaurant: T Shirts with sleeves for gentlemen; theme restaurants: long trousers and T Shirts with sleeves for gentlemen)"

We will also be at the Riu Montego Bay in December, see you at the pool bar.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to wear.

Thank you travelling &goodfood,

That is helpful. We will be there from 5th December for 2 weeks so will maybe meet you, as you say, at the bar! Looking forward to it sooo much. X