We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctors Cave Beach

Denver
12 posts
Save Topic
Doctors Cave Beach

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring your own adult beverages on this beach. I know they have their own bar and resturant, but I would like to bring an ice chest and etc. I appreciate any help.

KAK

connecticut
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

I have seen pics of people in the water with drinks, so I imagine you can. Im going on the 8Th and Im certainly going to try to bring some beverage with me. They just go together. Beer and beach. Have fun

MIAMI
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

clakerbond,

if you can update us upon your return... it would be appreciated. :-)

ENJOY... i will be there about 3 weeks after you.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

I sure haven't had my bag searched or anything like that coming into DC beach. I can't see why you couldn't bring a cooler.

Colorado
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

We want to pack a cooler too. Is there a liquor store near this beach? How much is it to get into Doctors Cave Beach? How much for chairs, umbrellas, etc? Is there any music on this beach or water activities? Will it be packed the last week in March for spring break?

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

I paid $5US to get in to DC beach. Then I rented a chair and umbrella for I believe $5US each. Once I got out on the beach I realized that I could have done without the umbrella because there were some (not many) shady spots toward the back of the beach near the Groovy Grouper. These spots are taken fairly quickly though. Since I wanted to be closer to the water and get my tan on, I really didn't use the umbrella much nor the chair (brought a beach towel to lay on).

Take a walk down the beach to check it out first, then go back and get your umbrella, etc. I wish I had brought a small cooler because getting drinks from The Groovy Grouper Restaurant could get pricy as I did order food and drinks from the restaurant. The waitress comes out to the beach to get your order and that was oh so easy!

Colorado
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

Thanks for the information! What about music or activities on the beach? Is anything going on or is it mellow?

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

Actually pretty mellow. No music that I recall or any activity going on.

Napa Valley...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

Are there vendors strolling up & down Doctor's Cave Beach? No big deal, just wondering...

Colorado
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

Thank you for the response. Are water activities available on the beach? Jet skis, bannana boats, etc?

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

No vendors that I recall. Yes, you can gt glass bottom boats from there, and you can snorekl offshore, don't recall seeing banana boats but I bet they're around....