We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the beds at Rose Hall?

Hartford CT
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How are the beds at Rose Hall?

I always find the beds in hotels Bad. We are planning to go Jan 15-22 and have read the reviews, more good than bad I see. Also, Which room so you all recommend. i like quiet and not on the first floor. Please send your advice. mastrohome@yahoo.com

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How are the beds at Rose Hall?

We just returned from Rose Hall last night and about the only thing that was okay in the room was the bed, except that they continually used a top sheet for a fitted and the sheet came off! I did ask for extra pillows and recieved them. Turn down service is iffy - some time they do it and most days it is forgotten.

The room we stayed in was in the WEST WING and it was fairly quiet because it faced out to the ruins. It was very noisy at night so I imagine the interior rooms would be hard to go to bed eary in.

I do not recommend the hotel at all. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How are the beds at Rose Hall?

Hi clifford,

We too have booked a trip in march at the Rose Hall with our 2 daughters, 14-16. Was there enough to do for them... What didnt you like? Where do you suggest going?

My husband and i have been to Jamaica twice but both times at Sandals.... loved it. We want it to be a great experience for our girls! Did you go on any excursions? We would like to go on the Canopy tour.. Thanks for the info.....

Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How are the beds at Rose Hall?

Also was wondering if there was any good seafood..... shrimp, lobster?

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How are the beds at Rose Hall?

I would rethink Rose Hall with teenagers - the crowd there was truly a pierced and tattoed one but if that's their thing they will fil in!

The food was bad. I had lobster one night @ Luna and it was inedible and an extra cost. I never saw shrimp while I was there. The food @ Three Palms is a little better but $45 extra for a steak? Come on!

There is parasailing, sailing and kayaking and the water park. I cannot say my girls were bored because they were happy to relax.

I did feel that the other guests were different and I did not like the girls downstairs by themselves @ night.

This is not my first all inclusive experience in Jamaica- Boscobel and FDR and also Sunscape in Tulum. This one I would never go back to. We've gone to the Caribbean once a year for 20 years and we will never go back to Rose Hall or suggest it to anyone.

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How are the beds at Rose Hall?

Hi Margie,

I would recommend a west wing room overlooking the golf course, not the pool area. The only downside I had with the rose hall was the doors of the rooms close so hard (hard for my boys to handle at times), that you hear the doors slam all over all thru the night. I always travel with a sound soother machine and I really needed it here. You can get one for 13.00 at walmart (Conair) or up to 100.00 at sharper image. I asked on check in for a quieter, higher floor and I got on the 6th floor (top is 7) on the quiet side...and we checked in at 5:30pm on a friday night. We were delayed bec. wonderful (NOT) Spirit Air left many, many luggages back in Orlando Airport.

Hartford CT
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How are the beds at Rose Hall?

WG1990 thanks for your info do you have any other recommondations re Rose Hall. how was the beach Do we need to be up at 7;30 to get a beach chair. are the towels ok let me know if you have pix and a more extensive review margie

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How are the beds at Rose Hall?

Check out the latest new reviews on Rose Hall. It sounds like a great place to me. I have read more than once that the beds are good. I can't wait until we get there!

Take care,

Ewizabeth

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How are the beds at Rose Hall?

Margie,

We woke up every day around 8:30am and was out for breakfast at about 9am. Before I went for breakfast, I would go to the towel stand and get our 4 towels (long OK towels...no need to pack your own) and save 4 chairs around the pool. You didn't have to do this bec. there were enough chairs BUT if you wanted a certain area around the pool (more private and not in the major walkways or if you want an umbrella), I would recommend. The beach always seem to me to have plenty of chairs. My boys would spur of the moment want to make a sand castle and I could find a chair.

Like I said before, the beds are fine but the rooms are noisier just because the room doors slam with such force. If this would bother you, invest in a sound soother machine. Well worth it.

Take care

Maryanne