We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Between Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica

which would be the best for on-site snorkling? We are considering Sandals Ocho Rios, Dunns River, Whitehouse, Royal Caribbean, Mo Bay and Couples Negril Swept Away, Sans Souci, and Ocho Ricos...

Also any comments on which resort is nicest to stay at. Just to many beautiful resorts...

Thanks so much!

Jill

NJ
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Between Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica

Couples NEgril is an excallent resort. Its on the smaller side, food is very good, pool is nice, beach is excellant and staff and entertainment is probably the highlight. The only reason we didnt go back was the ride is about 2 hours from Mo Bay airport. We took a plane back to maximize our time at the resort the last day. If you do not mind traveling once you are there you wont be disspointed.

Hartford, WI
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Between Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica

Are you refering to snorkeling right off of their beach? If so: Sandals Whitehouse - snrokeling is very poor Couples Swept Away - not much better Couples Negril - a little better Couples Ocho Rios - much better

All of them you can snorkel at, its just a matter of water clarity and what type of marine life, if any, you might see. The other resorts I am not sure, I have not stayed there.

Philadelphia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Between Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica

If you are not set on Jamaica, the BEST snorkling off shore we've done is Turks and Caicos. It's an amazing place for diving and snorkling. Also Cozumel, but due to recent hurricane damage, you might like TC better. The Caymans have great sea life - the snorkling is great and swimming with the sting rays is the best thing ever! As far a JA snorkling, we found the Ochi side is better than the Negril side. Have fun! Bella

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Between Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica

Thanks for the posts...

We booked yesterday! We are going to Couples Swept Away. I am so excited.. only 19week and 3 days.. haha..

Thanks again!

Jill

Level Contributor
10 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Between Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica

The water at Couples Sans Souci was not crystal clear. It rained during the evening... that murked up the water. I could still see plenty of fish, but having snorkled in Hawaii a dozen time, Jamaica just didn't do it for me. There eas a snorkel cruise that I understand was much better at SS.

Whenever you are close to a river there is more sediment in the water. Ocho Rios means eight rivers.

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Between Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica

The water in Jamaica is not know to be great for snorkeling. We just got back from Sandals Whitehouse and you could not snorkel off the beach and going off the snorkel boat was not any better.